Geek Squad available at
If you're having a problem with your wireless network try these simple steps to resolve the issue.
1) Power down all computers on the network.
2) Unplug both the cable modem and router. Wait a few minutes.
3) Plug in the cable modem. Wait until the lights on the cable modem stop flashing. This could take up to a minute.
4) After the lights stop flashing on the cable modem, plug the router back in. Again, wait until the lights stop flashing on the router.
5) Power on any computer on the network.
This is known as "power cycling" your modem and this can often restore connectivity.
Whenever you save personal information on your computer, you want to ensure that your information is private and protected. Think of security as a deadbolt for your computer’s front door—in this case, the front door leads to your computer’s hard drive and your personal data. Here are some simple tips to protect against intrusions and infections that may steal computer files or passwords.
• Virus and Spyware protection software should be installed and updated regularly.
• Make sure your computer operating system patches.
• Do not open files sent to you by strangers, or click on hyperlinks or download programs from people you don’t know.
• Use a firewall, especially if you use a high-speed Internet connection
© 2012 Best Buy Canada Ltd. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use only.