Most recent customer reviews
d800 first reaction
Tried out the d800 and I am happy with it.
I own a d80 and a d300 and the usability is consistent.
I was surprised that there was no
Read full review
Incredible Device to capture the moments in detail
I'm using Nikon/Cannon/Pentax cameras for long time. In my possession only one camera failed so far which is NikonD7000. Which I bought fr
Read full review
Nikon D800 36.3MP DSLR Camera - Body Only
When you need a high-performance DSLR that can handle any task, the Nikon D800 is the ideal companion. It features a groundbreaking 36.3MP FX-format CMOS sensor, Full HD video recording with stereo sound, an expandable ISO range of 100-6400, and an Advanced Scene Recognition mode that will help you take your multimedia photography to new heights.
- A newly designed 36.3MP sensor can produce images at resolutions up to 7,360 x 4,912, while its full frame FX CMOS sensor design translates to a 4.9 micron pixel size, so even in DX crop mode the Nikon D800 will produce 15MP images
- The dust reduction auto cleaning system can be used for post dust analysis to help gather dust data for more precise removal
- The D800's base ISO ranges from 100 to 6400, which is expandable to 50 and 25600; the expanded low ISO range offers better shadow noise, and improved dynamic range
- An improved auto ISO has been updated to use a shutter speed threshold based on the inverse of the lens
- The D800 uses an advanced metering system that can detect differences between artificial and natural light, compensating quickly in difficult lighting conditions; it works to improve flash exposure using i-TTL and i-TTL-BL flash metering
- The metering system also allows the D800 to use face detection both with phase detect and contrast autofocus, which allows it to be used while looking through the viewfinder
- The autofocus system lets you focus with an open aperture of f/8 in the centre focus point; it features three dynamic AF area options, 9-point, 21-point and 51-point, as well as a 3D tracking mode
- The ability to change the autofocus area is a button located on the autofocus drive control (M / AF)
- A built-in 2 frame HDR option within one shutter release and 16-bit processingmeans the two exposures can be at two different exposures at up to 3EV apart; the in-camera HDR tone mapping provides nicely blended saturated results
- A 3.2-inch LCD with auto-brightness near sRGB colour spectrum and wide viewing angle is also great for macro and landscape use to ensure precise focusing even in live mode
- Dual memory card slots, one for an SD/SDHC card and one for a CF card (Compact Flash UDMA Type I), give you plenty of storage options
What's in the Box?
- UC-E14 USB Cable
- AN-DC6 Strap
- EN-EL15 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
- MH-25 Battery Charger
- BM-12 LCD Monitor Cover
- BF-1B Body Cap
- BS-1 Accessory Shoe Cap
- DK-17 Viewfinder Eyepiece
- NikonView NX2 CD-ROM
While we strive for accuracy, Best Buy reserves the right to make changes at any time, without prior notice, to prices, description, images and policies. Web store prices, products and promotions may differ from those in retail stores. Click here for full terms and conditions.