Best Buy $20K of Tech Contest
Want to win?
In honour of our 20th year in Canada, we’re celebrating with a contest for daily prizes (Best Buy gift cards, valued at $200 each), plus a grand prize bundle comprised of over 20 pieces of the hottest tech, valued at $20,000.
How to enter
Every day from October 8 to 27, Best Buy Canada will share an image on our Instagram account, showcasing a piece of tech and its evolution in the last 20 years (see our example).
To enter, you simply need to:
- Visit our Instagram @bestbuycanada.
- Comment on posts shared from October 8 to 27, describing your favourite memory associated with any of the tech featured in the image.
Commenting on at least one of our posts will automatically enter you into the draw for the grand prize bundle.
Winners for the daily prizes and grand prize bundle will be selected at random and announced on October 29, 2021.
Read full rules and regulations.
Our grand prize bundle will include
Best Buy $20K of Tech Giveaway Rules and Regulations
- No purchase necessary.
- Entries must be made between October 8, 2021, and 11:59 p.m. EST on October 27, 2021 (the “Contest Period”) by the following methods:
- On Instagram:
- Best Buy will post one tech feature per day on Best Buy Canada Instagram Feed during the Contest Period. To enter the Contest, make a comment under a posted tech feature, describing your memories of using either posted tech feature or any other similar tech (“Comment”). Unlimited entries are permitted per person, but each comment must be unique to qualify.
- To enter the Contest for one of the Daily Prizes, the Comment must be made: (a) under a tech feature posted on Best Buy Canada Instagram Feed on the same day you are making the Comment; (b) before 11:59 p.m. EST on each day of the Contest Period.
- All entries that qualified for one of the Daily Prizes will qualify for the Grand Prize.
- By sending a postcard to Best Buy’s office:
- Send a 8.9 x 5.1 cm postcard with a picture of any electronic device and your memories of using this device to Best Buy’s head office: 8800 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, BC V5J 5K3, CANADA, Attn of: Brand Marketing Team. Unlimited entries are permitted per person, but each postcard must be unique to qualify.
- Your postcard entry will qualify for a Daily Prize on and only for the day it was received in Best Buy’s office during the Contest Period and will qualify for the Grand Prize.
- On Instagram:
- Entries that are fraudulent are not permitted and will be declared invalid.
- The Contest is open to all Canadian residents, including Quebec. Where an entrant is a minor, a parent or guardian who has reached the age of majority in his or her province of residence by the closing date of the Contest, must indicate acceptance of the Contest rules for the entrant to be eligible and in such instances the prize will be awarded to such parent or guardian.
- The Contest is not open to employees of Best Buy Canada Ltd. (“Best Buy”) or its parent, subsidiaries or affiliated companies, their advertising and promotion agencies, or their other representatives or agents, or anyone with whom any of the foregoing lives together with.
- There is one Daily Prize available to be won each day during the Contest Period. The total value of each Daily Prize is $200, it is a Best Buy Gift Card. There is one Grand Prize available to be won with an approximate value of $20,000.00 consisting of various technical devices and more.
- The prizes are to be administered by Best Buy. All of the above prize details are subject to change without notice at Best Buy’s sole discretion.
- All other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Prizes are subject to the following restrictions:
- Each prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable, not redeemable for cash and no component thereof is convertible to cash;
- One person is eligible to win only one Daily Prize. If a person won one Daily Prize, they are still eligible to win the Grand Prize;
- Each prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be sold; and
- Best Buy reserves the right to substitute any of the prizes with a prize of equivalent retail value in the event the prizes are not reasonably available at their discretion.
- The contest will take place from October 8, 2021, until 11:59 p.m. EST on October 27, 2021. The winners will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries submitted as provided in these Contest Rules. Draw for each daily prize will be made at 3 p.m. EST each day after the qualifying entries for a daily prize are made, from October 9 to October 28, 2021. The random draw for the Grand Prize will be made at 5:00 p.m. EST on October 28, 2021.
- Following the draw, the selected entrants will be contacted in a response to their contest entry.
- In order to receive a prize, the selected entrants must:
- respond to the prize notification Instagram direct message, email or telephone call within forty-eight (48) hours of transmission;
- correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
- sign and submit a declaration to Best Buy within 5 days of receipt of the Prize Acceptance and Acknowledgement Form stating that he/she:
- has read, understands and complies with the Contest rules;
- releases and discharges Best Buy, Instagram (“IG”), and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”); and
- consents to the announcement of the winner's name and the use by or on behalf of Best Buy of the winner's name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements, for advertising and promotional purposes without any further compensation to the winner.
- If the prize winner fails to comply with any of the requirements set out in paragraph 12 their applicable prize will be automatically forfeited and another entrant will be selected by random draw.
- The chances of winning a prize depends on the number of eligible entries received.
- The winners of the Daily Prizes and the Grand Prize will be announced on Instagram, Best Buy's website and Best Buy’s blog on October 29, 2021.
- By entering the Contest, participants consent to Best Buy’s collection, use and disclosure of the personal information provided in Contest entries for the administration of the Contest and in aggregated, non-personal form in order to create reports regarding Contest entrant demographics and consumer habits, which reports Best Buy’s may disclose to others.
- Participants who indicate on their entry form that they wish to receive Best Buy’s e-newsletter further consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of their personal information (including their email address) by Best Buy for the purpose of providing the e-newsletter. Signing-up for the e-newsletter will not affect the odds of winning.
- The Released Parties will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any Contest entrant or any other person for:
- any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Contest entries, regardless of the cause;
- any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification email;
- any changes in email addresses or email address assignments after Contest entry forms are submitted;
- any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause; or
- any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the Contest or the submission of entries to the Contest or participation in the Contest or the Contest prize, or the use of the www.bestbuycanada.ca web site (including the downloading of any materials from that web site) and regardless of the cause or any negligence by Best Buy or anyone for whom Best Buy is responsible, and notwithstanding that Best Buy may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
- This Contest is not supported or in any way endorsed by Instagram.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by Best Buy, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Best Buy may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND BEST BUY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Decisions of Contest judges in respect of any aspect of the Contest are final and binding on all entrants.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes acceptance and agreement to these Contest rules.
- Best Buy reserves the right, at their option, to publish the winner's name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements without any further compensation to the winner.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and is void where prohibited by law. Best Buy may, where required by law, disclose contest entrant information to the government. If any provision of these rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- Best Buy may, where required by law, disclose contest entrant information to the government.
- Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this publicity Contest may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie des alcools, des jeux et des courses for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.