Common Return and Exchange Questions
The well-being and safety of our employees and customers is our number one priority. To support our customers and our community, we’ve extended our return policy for purchases made on or after February 19, 2020. These items can be returned or exchanged until May 1, 2020.
Please note that return or exchange home pick-ups for large items (which include major appliances, large TVs, and exercise equipment) are suspended due to COVID-19 precautions. Please keep the original item at home until our normal delivery practices resume.
How long are Return Merchandise Authorizations (RMAs) valid for?
- A Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) is valid for 5 or 14 days after we email it to you, depending on your order’s shipping method. RMAs for orders shipped via Canada Post are valid for 14 days. RMAs for orders shipped via Purolator, Fed Ex, or UPS are valid for 5 days.
When will I receive my refund if I ship something back using an RMA?
- Within 7-10 days after the order arrives back to us.
Do you refund shipping charges and Environmental Handling Fees (EHF)?
- Shipping and handling (S&H) charges are non-refundable unless the item is determined to be defective. Environmental Handling Fees will be refunded.
What if I want to return a multi box shipment?
- If the product was shipped to you in multiple boxes, please wait until you've received the final box before making a return. The return period (e.g. 30 days for furniture) will start after you get the final piece.
How do I return a gift, bundle or bonus item?
- Gifts: If you have a gift receipt, bring the item(s) and gift receipt in store and the value of the item(s) being returned will be credited to a gift card. No other types of credits are available. If you weren't given a gift receipt, ask the gift giver to come in-store to confirm their information and we can provide a gift receipt to them.
- Bonus Items: All products (both defective and non-defective) must be returned in their original purchase condition, with the original packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals and any other item or accessory provided by the manufacturer. If the purchase included a free gift, or an included or bonus item, to qualify for a refund, the free gift, included, or bonus item must also be returned.
- Bundles: If you purchased an item as part of a bundle package, you may return that item separately. However, if you decide to break up that bundle by returning an item, the price of all items in the bundle reverts to what they would be if they were purchased individually. Therefore, you will receive a refund for the returned item that is less than the price you paid for it when you purchased it as part of a bundle.
Can I return my product to any Best Buy store?
- Yes, but make sure you're returning your product to a Best Buy store within the same country where the purchase was made.