Returning or Exchanging Gifts
Returning or Exchanging Gifts
Best Buy is one of Canada's favourite places to get gifts for friends, family, and loved ones. However, we know that sometimes what you've been gifted... might not be exactly what you wanted.
Extended Holiday Returns
Shop early with peace of mind! Whether you’re buying a gift for yourself or someone else, shop this holiday season knowing that Best Buy offers hassle-free returns and exchanges.
For item(s) purchased between November 1, 2021 and January 1, 2022, inclusively, we’ll gladly give you a refund or exchange until January 16, 2022, or according to the standard return policy of the item (typically 15 or 30 days from purchase date*), whichever is longer.
- In order to provide quality service in our stores, we will not be accepting in-store returns or exchanges on November 26 and 29, and December 26, 2021.
- For any item(s) returned with a gift receipt, the purchase will be refunded with a store credit.
- The extended holiday return policy applies to all Best Buy and Best Buy MarketplaceTM products. Keep in mind Marketplace products must be returned to the Marketplace seller by mail, and cannot be returned to Best Buy stores.
- Exclusions: The extended holiday return policy does not apply to cellular/wireless devices, gift cards, digital downloads, books, magazines, intimate products, earrings, personal protective equipment, safety goods, food, vitamins, supplements, and any major appliances that are Open Box or floor models.
- All other terms and conditions of our Return and Exchange Policies apply.
*For more information on the standard return policy of the item(s) you purchased, please read our Return and Exchange Policies.
Returning a Gift
How to return a gift:
- Check the item’s return policy - Make sure your item is eligible for return using our product-specific return policies. Most purchases from Best Buy can be returned or exchanged for up to either 14 or 30 days from the date of purchase, depending on the type of product and the condition of its return.
- Pack everything up - Make sure you have all the parts of your product, including original accessories and any bonus items (if applicable). In order to start your return or exchange, you'll need everything that was in the box, plus any extras that came with your purchase.
- Bring your gift receipt - Make sure you have your gift receipt so we can process your return. If you don’t have a gift receipt, and feel comfortable doing so, please ask the gift giver to come in-store to confirm their information. Then we can provide them with a gift receipt to give to you, or we can process the product as a normal return.
- Head to a Best Buy store - You can check the status of your local stores by using our store locator. Some stores may have limited operations due to provincial regulations. Learn more about any service changes in your province.
- Check-in or talk to a Blue Shirt - If available, use our Check-in option to help speed up the process and increase safety. Instead of waiting in line, you can save your spot and do something else while you wait. Just follow the signs at your store or get a Blue Shirt to help, and we'll tell you when it's your turn.
Please note: The value of the gift item(s) being returned with a gift receipt can only be credited to a Best Buy gift card.
Cancelling Your Order Online
Because we’re trying to get items to you as fast as possible, there’s a limited window to cancel your order. To see if you can cancel, find your order.
On the order details page, look for a Cancel Order button.
If the Cancel Order button isn’t there, your order is already being processed by our team and we’re unable to cancel it.
In this case, you can easily start the return process once you've received the product. Return or exchange the product at your nearest Best Buy store or you can choose to mail the product back as well.
Check out more info on cancelling or editing your order.
There are some conditions and exceptions. Learn more about returns and exchanges.
Still looking for an answer?
We’re here to help. Please contact us and we’ll make sure you get the information you need.