Returning a Marketplace Product
Returning a Marketplace Product
Marketplace products are products sold by our trusted seller-partners through BestBuy.ca.
Because of this, they have their own return policies (specified by each seller), and they cannot be returned to a Best Buy store—they must be returned to the seller by mail. To learn how to find a Marketplace seller's return policies, and how to return a Marketplace product by mail, see below.
Identifying Marketplace products
If you're not sure if your product is a Marketplace product, check its product page, looking at the "Sold and shipped by" section. If it doesn't say "Sold and shipped by Best Buy", it's a Marketplace product.
Where to find a Marketplace seller's return policies
There are 2 places where you can find a Marketplace seller's return policies:
- On the product page for a Marketplace product, select the seller’s name to go to the seller’s page. On this page, you’ll find the seller’s return policies.
- If you've already placed an order for a Marketplace product, you can access the seller's return policies on both the Order Details page or through your Shipped Order confirmation email.
Returning a Marketplace product by mail
Marketplace products must be returned to the Marketplace seller by mail, and cannot be returned to Best Buy stores.
Before getting a Marketplace mail return request started, make sure your purchase is eligible to be returned by checking the return policies of the Marketplace seller. Please pay attention to the condition a product must be in to be accepted for a return.
Additionally, if a Marketplace product is being shipped to you in multiple boxes, please wait until you've received the final box before starting a return request.
How to return a Marketplace product by mail:
- Find your order then select the Marketplace item you would like to return.
- You will see an option to contact the seller directly. Select this option and provide the following information in the empty message field:
• The number of products you would like to return
• The name and description of each product
• The 8-digit Web Code for each product (on the Order Details page)
• The date you received each product
• The condition of each product when it was received
• The condition of the each product's packaging
• The reason for requesting a return of each product
- Once your return request has been approved by the seller, you should receive an email containing a printable return shipping label (called a Return Merchandise Authorization) and further instructions on how to send the item back to the seller.
Print and attach the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) shipping label from the seller and ship the package, making sure to include:
• The product and any accessories
• Any manuals and/or warranty cards
• The product's original packaging
Once the Marketplace seller has received the products, you should see a refund to your original method of payment within 5-7 business days.
Still looking for an answer regarding your Marketplace product?
Contact your Marketplace seller. Here's how:
After you've made a purchase, simply look up your order using your order number and email address. Once you're on the Order Details page, use the "Contact Seller" button to send a message.