Returning a Marketplace Product
Returning a Marketplace Product
Marketplace products are products sold by our trusted seller-partners through BestBuy.ca.
Because of this, they have their own return policies (specified by each seller), and they cannot be returned to a Best Buy store—they must be returned to the seller by mail. To learn how to find a Marketplace seller's return policies, and how to return a Marketplace product by mail, see below.
Identifying Marketplace products
If you're not sure if your product is a Marketplace product, check its product page, looking at the "Sold and shipped by" section. If it doesn't say "Sold and shipped by Best Buy", it's a Marketplace product.
Where to find the return policy of a Marketplace product
On the product page for a Marketplace product, select the "Seller Return Policy" tab for the number of days and condition that you are allowed to return a product for a refund after delivery.
The following products cannot be returned:
- Major appliances that are Open Box, floor models, and/or of the Miele brand
- Service, delivery, and installation fees
- Gift cards and pre-paid cards
- Digital downloads (such as digital software and video games)
- Books, magazines, and copyright materials
- Food, vitamins, and supplements
- Intimate products
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Seasonal holiday goods
- Shopping bags
- Customized, special order or engraved items
- Car seats
- Baby teethers, pacifiers, potties, bathing items, and feeding items
- Diapers and swim diapers
- Humanoid Robots, including iPAL Robot
Product condition requirements
Like purchases from Best Buy, most items purchased from Marketplace sellers can be returned or exchanged even if the box or packaging has been opened, with the exception of non-returnable items and certain items that must be unopened.
If the box or packaging is opened, the product must be in like-new condition, with no signs of use. Additional conditions apply to the following items:
- All furniture must be unassembled. This includes indoor and outdoor furniture, nursery and baby furniture, and all other types of furniture.
- Fashion apparel, linens, bedding, maternity products, and baby clothes, shoes, and accessories must be unused, unworn (if applicable), unlaundered, and still have the original tags attached.
- Cell phones, smartphones, wireless devices, computers (laptop and desktop), tablets, iPads, and eReaders must have all security settings disabled. See more details in the "Disabling security settings on certain devices" section below.
Restocking fees on certain opened items
There are no restocking fees when returning unopened items, or when returning most items that have been opened. However, a restocking fee of up to 15% of the purchase price can apply to the following items only if the original packaging is opened:
- Action cameras and camcorders
- DSLR and mirrorless cameras
- Camera drones
- Camera lenses and flashes
Items eligible for return or exchange only if unopened
The following products can only be returned or exchanged if the original packaging is unopened:
- Major appliances
- except Open Box, floor models, and Miele major appliances, which are all non-returnable.
- Baby, nursery, and maternity products
- except baby monitors, gates, and highchairs, which can be returned if opened.
- Beauty, grooming, and personal care products
- except hair dryers, hair straighteners, and curling irons, which can be returned if opened.
- Fitness equipment
- Computer components and upgrades
- Physical software, blank media (e.g., blank CDs), and entertainment media (including video games, music, and movies)
- Office supply and other consumables (ink, toner, replacement lamps/bulbs, effect fluid and gels, etc.)
- Paper supplies (paper, writing instruments, etc.)
- Headphones and virtual reality headsets
- DJ and karaoke equipment, musical instrument consumables (e.g., guitar strings, mouthpieces, and earplugs, etc.), and wind instruments (e.g., harmonicas)
- Beverage dispensers or soda machines with compressed gas
- Photo film
- Cleaning supplies and chemicals
- Replacement parts
- Miele Care Collection and Miele Care products such as (but not limited to) vacuum dust bags and accessories, dishwashing tablets, and other appliance care
- Car alarm, remote starters, and modules
- Robotic STEM kits, such as (but not limited to) Abilix products
- Toilets and bidets
Disabling security settings on certain devices
Before returning cell phones, smartphones, wireless devices, mobile hotspots, wearables, computers (laptop and desktop), tablets, iPads, and eReaders, you will need to turn off the security settings.
How to disable security settings
- iOS products: If you're returning a Mac, visit the Activation Lock for Mac Apple support page. For other Apple cellular or wireless devices, visit the Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch Apple support page.
- Android products: You will need to turn off the FRP (Factory Reset Protection) feature before returning the device. Get the steps and details by visiting the How to disable FRP page.
Returning a Marketplace product by mail
Marketplace products must be returned to the Marketplace seller by mail, and cannot be returned to Best Buy stores.
Before getting a Marketplace mail return request started, make sure your purchase is eligible to be returned by checking the return policies of the Marketplace seller. Please pay attention to the condition a product must be in to be accepted for a return.
Additionally, if a Marketplace product is being shipped to you in multiple boxes, please wait until you've received the final box before starting a return request.
How to return a Marketplace product by mail:
- Find your order then select the Marketplace item you would like to return.
- You will see an option to contact the seller directly. Select this option and provide the following information in the empty message field:
• The number of products you would like to return
• The name and description of each product
• The 8-digit Web Code for each product (on the Order Details page)
• The date you received each product
• The condition of each product when it was received
• The condition of the each product's packaging
• The reason for requesting a return of each product
- Once your return request has been approved by the seller, you should receive an email containing a printable return shipping label (called a Return Merchandise Authorization) and further instructions on how to send the item back to the seller.
Print and attach the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) shipping label from the seller and ship the package, making sure to include:
• The product and any accessories
• Any manuals and/or warranty cards
• The product's original packaging
Once the Marketplace seller has received the products, you should see a refund to your original method of payment within 5-7 business days.
Still looking for an answer regarding your Marketplace product?
Contact your Marketplace seller. Here's how:
After you've made a purchase, simply look up your order using your order number and email address. Once you're on the Order Details page, use the "Contact Seller" button to send a message.