Quick and Easy Store Pickup
Quick and Easy Store Pickup
Quick and Easy Store Pickup is the fastest and most convenient way to get your online order. Here’s why:
- We’ll get your order ready for you to pick up at your chosen store in as little as 1 hour.
- Once you arrive at the store, our friendly Blue Shirts will get you in and out in as little as 10 minutes.
- Can’t make it right away? We'll hold your order for 3 days.
- Our out-of-store Curbside Pickup Hours have been extended to allow our customers more time to get the tech they need while reducing wait time during our holiday shopping season, between November 4, 2020 and January 2, 2021. Find your local store's hours using our store locator.
How Quick and Easy Store Pickup works
1. Reserve the product you want online
Find the product you want to purchase online. Each product page will give you a list of nearby stores and the product's availability, as well as whether the pickup location will be inside the store or curbside.
Choose the store you want to pick it up from. Then enter the contact information of the person picking it up and your payment details to hold your item (your method of payment will only be charged if the item is available for you).
Note: Quick and Easy Store Pickup is not available for rewards program purchases at this time.
2. Wait for your Ready for Pick Up email before heading to the store!
Don’t head to the store just yet. We’ll email you to confirm your order has been received and again when your order is ready for pick up. Then, you can come to the store.
We’ll hold your item for 3 days before putting it back on our shelves. Your purchase will be charged on your method of payment when the order is ready for pickup.
3. Safely pick up at the store
For the fastest pickup experience, bring your order confirmation and 2 pieces of ID. At least one piece of ID should be a government-issued photo ID. The second piece should have the same name, e.g., credit card, debit card.
What to Do When You Arrive
What you do upon arriving at the store depends on whether you're picking it up inside the store or curbside. Find out which service your local store is offering using our store locator.
If picking up curbside:
1. Park your car in the designated pickup area with your order details ready.
If there's no parking available in the designated pickup area, park anywhere to check-in, then note "No Stall" in the Stall # field. When it's your turn, we'll text you to drive up to the front of the store.
2. Check-in online using the link in your "ready for pickup" email.
3. Wait in the car. A Blue Shirt will come to verify your 2 pieces of ID.
4. Pop your trunk and we'll place the item safely in the back of your car. If your item is too large for the trunk, we'll place the item beside the car.
Please note, for safety reasons, we'll be unable to close your trunk for you. If you’re unable to close your trunk on your own, we can also pass your order through your window.
5. After our Blue Shirt has stepped back 2 meters for safe distancing, check your order to make sure everything is good to go!
We may also ask you to drive to the front of the store to pick up your order if the weather is bad and conditions are unsafe, or if your item is too large to carry to the parking lot. Please follow the instructions provided to you at the time of pickup.
If picking up in-store:
1. Line up at the online order pickup counter. For your safety, make sure there are 2 meters between you and the person in front of you.
2. Have your confirmation email open. We'll need to see this to make sure we're grabbing the right order for you.
3. Verify your order pickup with 2 pieces of ID. Once we've confirmed you are the correct pickup person, you'll be good to go!
If your store is offering curbside pickup but you’d prefer to pick it up inside the store, or if you don't have a car, no worries. We're providing safe store access which includes clear store signage and proper physical distancing. A Blue Shirt will be available to help you when you arrive at the store.
At certain times, and for certain products, Quick and Easy Store Pickup may be unavailable to allow all customers in-store and online equal access to:
- Specific sale items (e.g. Boxing Day/Week sale items)
- Limited quantity/hot items
- Online-only items
- Large items that require Scheduled Delivery
- Services (e.g. Geek Squad, Service Plans, etc.)
- Gift Cards
- Pre-order items
To help minimize contact during pick up and get your order to you as quickly and easily as possible, you’ll pay for your purchase online and we’ll hold your item in stores for 3 days for you to pick up. Your method of payment will only be charged if the item is available for you.
If you change your mind, don’t worry, you can cancel your reservation and your method of payment will not be charged.
After your place your order online, a Blue Shirt will start getting it ready right away and you’ll receive an email once it’s ready for pick up, within 1 hour.
If you still haven’t received your email confirmation after 1 hour, be sure to check your junk folder as it may have ended up in the wrong place.
Picking up your order
When you’re reserving your item online, you can select yourself or someone else to pick up your order. Make sure you enter the contact information for the person picking it up.
To pick up the order, you will need to bring order confirmation and 2 pieces of ID. At least one piece of ID should be a government-issued photo ID. The second piece should have the same name, e.g., credit card, debit card.
Store Safety Measures
We're providing safe in-store access which includes clear store signage and proper physical distancing and capacity limits for in-store shopping and services. Cleanliness is top-of-mind, so common surfaces are wiped down and sanitized regularly.
At certain locations, we are also requiring that all customers wear masks or face coverings while shopping in our stores. Use our store locator to see if masks are required at your local store.
Cancelling a reservation
If you have not received a confirmation email that your order is available, you can go to the order status page provided in your reservation received email and cancel your order online.
If your order has been confirmed and you don’t pick up your order within 3 days, it will automatically be cancelled. Your method of payment will not be charged.
Sometimes an item may show as being available for pickup at BestBuy.ca, but by the time the store receives your order and looks for the items to reserve, these items may already have been sold to another customer.
For items with limited quantities, Best Buy reserves the right to decline orders to ensure stock is available for walk-in customers.
Changes to the item's price before pickup
Once a reservation is confirmed by the store via email, it not only reserves the physical product for you in the selected store but also the price of that product at the time of the reservation.
This means if the price goes up between the time your reservation is confirmed and the time you arrive at the store, you’ll still pay the price of the item when the reservation was confirmed.
If the price is lower when you get to the store, you’ll pay the lower price based on our Low Price Guarantee.
Please note: If the price of a product is being displayed incorrectly, we reserve the right to reject the sale at the incorrect price and process the sale using the correct price in accordance with our Conditions of Use.
Reserving a phone with a plan for pickup
You can reserve a phone with a plan for pickup, but it works a little differently than our typical Quick and Easy Store Pickup model.
Start by selecting a phone online and follow the steps provided. A Mobile Advisor will then call you to start the phone activation from the comfort of your home.
A Blue Shirt advisor will help you finish the rest of the activation when you go to your chosen store to pick up your phone.