Acer Aspire 3 15.6" Laptop - Black (AMD A4-9120e/128GB SSD/4GB RAM/Windows 10 S)
Available to ship
- Free Upgrade to Windows 11 when available (see below)
- 1.5GHz AMD A4-9120e dual-core processor with 4GB DDR4 RAM is capable of all the basic computing tasks as well as multi-tasking operations
- 128GB SSD storage with two additional slots for up to 1TB PCIe NVMe SSDs let you store tons of data securely
- 15.6-inch display with 1366 x 768 screen resolution produces excellent pictures in high visual quality
- Integrated Ethernet port and 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi for connecting to wired and wireless networks
- Integrated Bluetooth 4.2 for pairing with compatible smartphones or audio devices for file sharing, audio streaming, and more
- Two-cell 34Wh lithium-ion battery can keep the laptop powered on for up to 6 hours
- Two USB 2.0 ports, a USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, 2-in-1 built-in card reader, HDMI port, and 3.5mm combo jack for connecting smartphones, secondary displays, flash drives, input devices, and other compatible peripherals
- Built-in webcam offers great video clarity for video chatting, video conferencing, shooting pictures, and more
- Preinstalled with a bilingual Windows 10S operating system that runs faster, offers better security, and is easier to use
- Upgrade rollout plan is being finalised and is scheduled to begin late in 2021 and continue into 2022. Specific timing will vary by device. Certain features require specific hardware, see https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/windows-11-specifications
Storage & Memory
Inputs & Outputs
- Power Cord
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 7 reviewers who responded, 2 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- No Windows 11 Support- September 16, 2021
I originally bought this as an inexpensive system to do office work, however I bought it new hoping I could get a handful of years out of it. The issue with this system is it uses an AMD A series CPU, which is not supported by Windows 11. This means I would be restricted to Windows 10, which is end of life in a bit over 3 years. I’m not entirely sure why Acer is still selling these new, since their lifespan will be only until Windows 10 goes end of life. Needless to say I returned it and purchased a system with a different CPU so I could upgrade to Windows 11 and hopefully get more than a few years out if it.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (4)Report
- Display Screen Blackout- September 12, 2021
I bought this at the beginning of the pandemic and was super excited. Upon arrival I noticed it was a bit slow for a brand new laptop! 3 months went by and was watching a movie on Netflix and all of a sudden the screen went black but I could still hear the movie (It was like the screen was asleep) freaked out I turned it off and went to bed it worked fine in the morning. Fast forward another month or so the screen did it again I called acer support this time and held the power button for 30 seconds(has to be unplugged from charger)It turned on....within the next 2 weeks it did it again and I tried the power button and it has yet to to turn on almost a year later. Upon reading into this laptop I learned it does this to its users from time to time. Fed up I have not sent it into Acer yet to repair it in fear they may charge me a lot seeing as its a hardware problem. Hooked up to an HDMI it works fine and I can use it with a different monitor but the display screen looks like the brightness is turned off (even lower than all the way down) CONSIDERING THIS WAS A BRAND NEW LAPTOP IT SHOULDN'T BE HAVING THIS PROBLEM!!!No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (1)Report
- very slow- October 15, 2021
i bought this and it was so slow that it takes up to 5 mins to just open goggle and mins to search stuff upNo, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (3)Report
- Bad Hinges- October 26, 2021
After only 2 years the right hinge broke and the keyboard had some bad keys that didn't work also.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Laptop Acer Aspire 3- September 5, 2021
Bought it for my granddaughter and she is more than happy with it.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (2)Report