Acer Aspire 3 17.3" Laptop - Black (Intel Core i3-1005G1/2TB HDD/12GB RAM/Windows 10)
Available to ship
This product is currently unavailable to pick up at nearby stores.
Geek Squad Protection PlanSee benefits
- 1.2GHz Intel Core i3-1005G1 dual-core processor and 12GB of DDR4 RAM make the laptop powerful enough to smoothly run a variety of applications and videos
- 2TB hard disk drive (HDD) provides ample space for storing your files and software
- 17.3" Acer CineCrystal LED display with 1600 x 900 screen resolution and a slim bezel provides a cinematic viewing experience with amazing colours and clarity
- Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac), RJ-45 ethernet port, and Bluetooth 4.2 give you options for seamless networking and wireless connectivity
- Two-cell 36Wh lithium-ion battery gives you up to 5.5 hours of battery life so you can use this laptop worry-free when you're away from a power outlet
- Two USB 2.0 ports, a USB 3.2 port, an HDMI port, a 3.5mm headphone/speaker jack, and an optical digital audio output allow for easy data transfer and connection to peripheral devices
- Built-in webcam lets you make video calls, join video conferences, and more
- Preinstalled Windows 10 operating system features an easy-to-use interface, advanced applications, and enhanced security
Storage & Memory
Inputs & Outputs
- Power Cord
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 16 reviewers who responded, 11 would recommend this product.
- It’s an HHD so expect it to be slower- December 26, 2020
I bought this product 2 days ago and here’s my review. First, I would recommend that you read the product specs up there so you know what kind of laptop you are getting. I will then go for the finer details below. For those of you who don’t know, this is an HHD hard drive, not an SSD hard drive. The difference between the two is the reading/writing speed. HHD hard drive is much slower than the SSD but it offers bigger compartment than its counterpart for cheaper price. For this instance, you are getting 2 TB of HHD hard drive. Price-wise it is reasonable but if you are looking for speed over size then choose SSD. Take note, processing speed (processor) is different than hard drive speed (driver) so don’t get confused by the word “slow”. Hard drive speed only means the rate of speed of the hard drive in order to write or read. It has nothing to do with performance speed (like opening web browsers, searching on Facebook or anything of that nature). The only time it can affect the performance of your computer is when it starts to fail or what we normally call as a hard drive failure. Another thing about HHD is that it is a moving part in your laptop operated by a magnet and a spinning disk. HHD driver is literally spinning much like the fan so don’t hit your laptop with sturdy objects or your fist as that could potentially damage your hard drive. Laptops are not meant to be hit anyway unless that’s how you want to live your life then YOLO my friend. Now let us talk about this laptop. It did say it has a webcam. What it didn’t say is it only has 0.2-0.3 MegaPixels built-in camera. You will need an external web camera for better optical image feedback. Unless I didn’t read the part where it said it has 0.2-0.3 Mp then please disregard. I think that’s the only thing that made me upset because I wanted to use it for online meetings. PROS: - It is a 17.3 inches screen. Almost a mini TV so it is really nice for watching movies. - It offers in-app glare reduction called Blue light Shield to protect your eyes. You can access it through an app called Quick Access. - It has 802.11 ethernet speed (5G wifi) which is a pretty decent wireless connection. You’ll have no more troubles connecting to your neighbour’s modem. - It offers intel core i3 10th generation. It is also a decent processor. (quite common nowadays) - It has an HDMI port CONS - It only offer 0.2 to 0.3 Mp built-in camera. Too blurry for web cam calls but can be fixed by buying a webcam OR installing a free web cam app in your phone and make your phone the web cam *smart*. - Up to 5 hours of continuous battery consumption. Ideal for office work only. - No graphics card. Heavy optical driven games are not ideal for this laptop. Overall, this is a decent laptop for everyday use specially during this pandemic. It has everything you need in a laptop. You can’t play hard core games in it but you can still play games. The biggest up for me is the screen size. Everything else is upgradeable but you don’t have to as the laptop is already decent on its own. As always, proper maintenance is the key to longevity for any laptop. Look up how to properly maintain your laptop and keep it up to date on Youtube or Google. It’s that easy. Ciao!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (3)Report
- volume- January 15, 2021
the volume is extremely low,you have to almost deeep your head in the screen to hear anything,it’s so annoying,asides that i think it’s okay as i only needed it for zoom class.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Good machine for price- December 23, 2020
Fast, miss having a Memory Card Slot and limited USB ports (2) but I picked up a dual external memory card+ 3 USB port hub for $13.00. I would recommend this laptop.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (2)Report