Acer Aspire 5 15.6" Laptop - Silver (Intel Core i7-1065G7/512GB SSD/16GB RAM/Windows 10)
- Free Upgrade to Windows 11 when available (see below)
- 1.3GHz 10th-generation Intel Core i7-1065G7 quad-core processor and 16GB of DDR4 RAM deliver excellent performance that makes daily computing and multitasking a breeze
- 512GB solid-state drive (SSD) offers plenty of quick, reliable space for your files, documents, and software
- 15.6" Full HD screen with 1920 x 1080 resolution and a narrow bezel provides an immersive viewing experience and maximum screen space
- Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), RJ-45 ethernet port, and Bluetooth 5.1 offer fast, reliable wired and wireless network connectivity options to a variety of devices
- Three-cell 48Wh lithium-ion rechargeable battery gives you up to 8 hours of battery life
- USB Type-C port, two USB 3.1 ports, USB 2.0 port, HDMI port, and 3.5mm headphone/speaker jack offer a variety of options for connecting external devices
- Power-off USB charging lets you charge your devices even when the laptop is turned off or in hibernation mode
- BlueLight Shield prevents strain on your eyes due to prolonged viewing
- Acer TrueHarmony enhances audio for life-like sound with deep bass and bigger volume
- Certified Skype for Business device with built-in webcam makes this laptop great for video-conferencing
- Preinstalled Windows 10 operating system offers an easy-to-use interface, the Cortana digital assistant, a variety of apps and security features, and much more
- Upgrade rollout plan is being finalised and is scheduled to begin late in 2021 and continue into 2022. Specific timing will vary by device. Certain features require specific hardware, see https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/windows-11-specifications
Storage & Memory
Inputs & Outputs
- Power Cord
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 20 reviewers who responded, 14 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Lighting fast machine!- January 13, 2021
We purchased this laptop for our business. This is the third Acer laptop I have owned. I have not been disappointed with Acer products thus far. The Core i7 processor is lighting fast. I typically have multiple programs open (Quickbooks, Adobe Illustrator, music streaming) and it is still very responsive to the tasks requested of it. The fan runs occasionally - it’s slightly louder than my previous laptop, but it’s not a deal breaker. The display quality is good. The screen is matte with no glare - which is awesome! I am pleased with the performance of this laptop thus far. Hopefully it lasts as long as the previous Acer’s I’ve had in the past. It’s a great laptop for the price!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (1)Report
- Acer FAN NOISE solution- April 25, 2021
I am a Mechanical Engineering student and, after 1 year of using this. I will break down my review. This Compter is great for handling intensive ram-seeking programs like Auto-Cad, Solidworks, and multitasking between many tabs!! To fix the LOUD Fan Noise.... there is a solution that worked for me! There are a few steps that made a significant noise reduction, to absolute minimal noise after doing this. In the Search box beside the windows logo type in "Choose a Power Plan", You should be selected to the "Balanced (recommended)" plan then Click "Change plan settings" beside the "Balanced" A window will pop-up and now Click "Change Advanced Power Settings" A New window will pop-up. Now scroll down to "Processor Power Management" Type in %5 for Minimum processor state (both "On battery" and "plugged in") & %65 for maximum processor state (both "On battery" and "plugged in"). Do not worry these changes are absolutely reversible!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Super Fast with lots of power.- November 5, 2020
I purchased this computer to replace an old laptop that just got super slow. It was loaded with Windows 10 Home and easy to set-up. Its slim good looks and light weight make it easy to pack around when I travel. Graphics are good and it has a back lit keyboard, however it is missing a card reader which is nice to have to download those pictures you take while on vacation.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (54)Report
- noisy- March 7, 2021
Overall it does the job for the basic tasks that I purchased it for. I find the unit noisy and the battery life poor. The battery only lasts for about 3.5 hours which is far less than I would like.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Great laptop- January 12, 2021
Much better than my previous laptops. Haven't discovered anything wrong yet after two weeks of usage. The structure is the only issue where the keyboard edge is far from the laptop edge making it harder to type, but given I connect it to the additional screen and works with the keyboard, this turns to be a non-issue for me.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report