Alienware Area-51m 17.3" Gaming Laptop (Intel Core i7-10700/1TB SSD/16GB RAM/RTX 2070 SUPER) - Eng
Available online only
Geek Squad Protection PlanSee benefits
- 3.8GHz (up to 5.1GHz with Turbo Boost Max 3.0) Intel Core i7-10700 octa-core processor and 16GB RAM handles the most resource-intensive games and tasks with ease
- 1TB solid state drive (SSD) provides plenty of room to store your games, videos, and other data and delivers speedy loading and retrieval
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super graphics card with 8GB of dedicated video memory ensures every game comes to life in detailed clarity
- 17.3" Full HD display with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, 300Hz refresh rate, 3ms response time, 300-nits, 100-percent sRGB color gamut, and Tobii Eyetracking technology delivers stunning visuals with smooth, lag-free motion
- Killer Networking E3000 2.5Gbps Ethernet NIC and 10/100/1000 RJ-45 Ethernet port offer high-speed wired internet connectivity
- Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (2x2, 802.11ax) provides consistent wireless network access for responsive online gaming
- Bluetooth 5.1 connectivity pairs with various compatible peripherals like keyboards, mice, printers, headphones, and more
- Two SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Type-A ports, one SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Type-A port with PowerShare feature, one Thunderbolt 3.0 port with PowerShare and DisplayPort support, one Mini-DisplayPort 1.4 out, one HDMI port, one Alienware graphics amplifier port, and one audio out allow you to connect external monitors and other accessories to the laptop
- Built-in SD card reader (supports SDHC, SDXC, and microSD cards) offers quick and easy file sharing between your memory cards and the laptop
- Supports 7.1 digital audio out using the HDMI out port for immersive audio in your games and movies
- 90Wh single-cell lithium-ion battery lasts for hours to keep you going all day long
- Alienware TactX mechanical keyboard with optical-mechanical key switches delivers enhanced gaming
- Per-key AlienFX RGB lighting allows you to customise the keyboard so you can continue to play in low-light conditions
- Upgradeable, overclockable graphics and processing provide desktop power in a compact package
- Lunar Light offers customizable chassis lighting for a sleek, futuristic look
- Magnesium alloy exoskeleton provides a thin, lightweight chassis with enhanced rigidity for a premium look and feel
- Pre-installed with Windows 10 Home (64-bit) operating system that comes with advanced security features, an easy-to-use interface, and much more
Storage & Memory
Inputs & Outputs
- Alienware 17.3" Area 51M R2 Laptop
- Power Cable
- Power Adapter
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 545 reviewers who responded, 477 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Great Machine- December 6, 2020
I bought my Alienware Area 51 R2 laptop to use for gaming and it went above and beyond my expectations. The first game that I ran on the pc was Flight Simulator 2020. I was amazed that I could run the game on max graphics at high frame rates. Only over New York City did the frames drop down to about 20 fps in a Boeing 787. I flew around New York City in a smaller plane and the game ran at about 40 fps. This pc is a work of art and I love the completely customizable RGB keyboard and "Tron" lights. Overall this pc definitely fulfills its claim of being "a desktop in disguise." I would definitely recommend this laptop despite the high price tag.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- control center problems- September 11, 2020
straight out of the box there were many updates to do which was a little frustrating I would expect a new computer to come updated already. alien control center failed and wouldn't work, very frustrating straight out of the box. these computers aren't cheap and I felt I had made a huge mistake purchasing it. after emailing with the support team having to delete and reinstall everything was super frustrating. fortunately it worked out and now the computer works great as I had hoped. support team great. computer great when it started working. programs pre installed and not up to date then failing, terrible. for the cost I expect more Alienware.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Already crashed on me twice- January 26, 2021
this was supposed to be a superior replacement to my area51m but it has already froze during gameplay twice without being able to open task manager so I had to force a reboot by holding down power button. I also got two blue screens which it froze on forcing me to hard restart the computer both times. This is a brand new machine and I'm already having issues with it just like my first Alienware computer. I'm starting to believe that dell has no idea how to build a gaming laptop and I am very disappointed. I have convinced myself that this will be my last and final purchase from Dell because I'm never buying anything for them ever again!!!No, I would not recommend this to a friend.