Alienware Area-51m 17.3" Gaming Laptop (Intel Core i7-10700/512GB SSD/16GB RAM/RTX 2070 SUPER) - En
- 2.9GHz Intel Core i7-10700 octa-core processor and 16GB of 2933MHz DDR4 RAM can seamlessly handle demanding software, high-level games, and multitasking
- 512GB solid state drive (SSD) offers ample space to store your games, movies, and other important data with quick loading and retrieval times
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super graphics card with 8GB of dedicated video memory renders every game with perfect visual clarity for an immersive experience
- 17.3" Full HD display with 300Hz refresh rate, 3ms response time and 1920 x 1080 native resolution offers eye-popping visuals with fluid, lag-free motion
- Killer Networking E3000 2.5Gbps ethernet NIC and 10/100/1000 RJ-45 ethernet port offer high-speed wired internet connectivity for ultra-fast speeds
- Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (2x2, 802.11ax) provides consistent wireless network access for responsive online gaming
- Bluetooth 5.1 connectivity pairs with various compatible peripherals like keyboards, mice, printers, headphones, and more
- 90Wh single-cell lithium-ion battery with Alienware Battery Defender technology lasts for hours to minimise frequent power-up sessions
- Two SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Type-A ports, one SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Type-A port with PowerShare feature, one Thunderbolt 3.0 port with PowerShare and DisplayPort support, and one audio out for connecting external monitors and peripherals to the laptop
- Built-in SD card reader (supports SDHC, SDXC, and microSD cards) offers quick and easy file sharing between your memory cards and the laptop
- Alienware Graphics Amplifier port lets you enhance the laptop's GPU performance with a high-efficiency, desktop-grade external graphics card (sold separately)
- Supports 7.1 digital audio out using the HDMI out port for immersive audio in your games and movies
- Alienware 103-key keyboard with dedicated numeric keypad enables easy gaming and typing
- Per-key AlienFX RGB lighting allows you to customise the keyboard with attractive lighting effects, so you can keep playing seamlessly even in low-light conditions
- Advanced cooling system prevents the laptop from overheating to keep its components safe
- Pre-installed with Windows 10 Home (64-bit) operating system that comes with advanced security features, an easy-to-use interface, and much more
Storage & Memory
Inputs & Outputs
- Power Cable
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 721 reviewers who responded, 638 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Great Machine- December 6, 2020
I bought my Alienware Area 51 R2 laptop to use for gaming and it went above and beyond my expectations. The first game that I ran on the pc was Flight Simulator 2020. I was amazed that I could run the game on max graphics at high frame rates. Only over New York City did the frames drop down to about 20 fps in a Boeing 787. I flew around New York City in a smaller plane and the game ran at about 40 fps. This pc is a work of art and I love the completely customizable RGB keyboard and "Tron" lights. Overall this pc definitely fulfills its claim of being "a desktop in disguise." I would definitely recommend this laptop despite the high price tag.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- control center problems- September 11, 2020
straight out of the box there were many updates to do which was a little frustrating I would expect a new computer to come updated already. alien control center failed and wouldn't work, very frustrating straight out of the box. these computers aren't cheap and I felt I had made a huge mistake purchasing it. after emailing with the support team having to delete and reinstall everything was super frustrating. fortunately it worked out and now the computer works great as I had hoped. support team great. computer great when it started working. programs pre installed and not up to date then failing, terrible. for the cost I expect more Alienware.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Already crashed on me twice- January 26, 2021
this was supposed to be a superior replacement to my area51m but it has already froze during gameplay twice without being able to open task manager so I had to force a reboot by holding down power button. I also got two blue screens which it froze on forcing me to hard restart the computer both times. This is a brand new machine and I'm already having issues with it just like my first Alienware computer. I'm starting to believe that dell has no idea how to build a gaming laptop and I am very disappointed. I have convinced myself that this will be my last and final purchase from Dell because I'm never buying anything for them ever again!!!No, I would not recommend this to a friend.