Amazon Echo Dot (3rd Gen) Smart Speaker with Alexa - Charcoal
Available to ship
This product is currently unavailable to pick up at nearby stores.
- Whole new look and sound: The redesigned Echo Dot features a streamlined and modernized new look, as well as richer and louder sound.
- Your personal assistant: Echo Dot connects to Alexa -- a cloud-based voice service -- that lets you play music, make calls, set alarms, ask questions, check your calendar, manage your shopping list, control smart devices, and more using only your voice.
- Add Alexa to any room: With its small size, the Echo Dot is a great way to add Alexa to any room in your home. Plus, it syncs with any other Echo speakers you have, so you can create a helpful voice-activated network.
- At your beck and call: When you want to use Echo Dot, simply say "Alexa," and specially engineered microphones hear and recognize you from across the room, from any direction -- even while music's playing.
- Home comfort at your command: Echo Dot syncs seamlessly with your smart home setup, and lets you switch on the lamp, turn on the fan, change the channel, lock the doors, dim the lights, and more without lifting a finger.
- Smart home compatibility: Echo Dot works with devices such as lights, switches, TVs, thermostats, and more from WeMo, Philips Hue, Sony, SmartThings, Insteon, Nest, ecobee, and Wink.
- Alexa keeps you connected: Place a call or send a quick message to anyone who has an Echo or the Alexa App, while Drop In lets you connect instantly with family and friends, and even other Echo devices in your home.
- Stream playlists with your voice: Hands-free voice control makes searching for music a cinch with services like Prime Music, Spotify, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn, and you can stream other popular music services like iTunes from your phone or tablet thanks to Bluetooth technology.
- Built-in speaker: With Echo Dot, you can stream your favourite playlists or connect to bigger speakers or headphones using a 3.5mm stereo cable or Bluetooth.
- Multi-room enjoyment: Tell Alexa to play the same song across your all compatible Echo devices for whole home enjoyment, or play classical music in the kitchen, rock music in the den, and jazz in the living room to cater to everybody's tastes.
- Always getting smarter: Echo Dot adapts to your speech patterns, vocabulary, and personal preferences, so the more you use it, the more intuitive it becomes.
- Increasingly capable: When it comes to skills and capabilities, the growing list of what Echo Dot can do is already in the thousands -- use Echo Dot to order a pizza from Domino's, request a ride from Uber, track your fitness with Fitbit, and much, much more.
- Echo Dot
- Power Adapter (15W)
- Quick Start Guide
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 22824 reviewers who responded, 22113 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Great value for the cost- August 25, 2019
I wanted to add Alexa to my house - I had one of the original Echo Dots and used it sparingly. I'll admit that I wasn't nuts about the always-on listening device. But I took a stab and ordered one of these and am very pleased with the purchase. The sound quality is much better than the first generation, and it definitely meets my requirement to play podcasts and have them sound "not tinny". The fact that Alexa can integrate a skill that links to Apple music is a definitely plus too. Bottom line, if you don't mind (or can get over) the constant "listening in" and are a member of the Amazon ecosystem, this is a great device for the cost.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Echo For Starters- September 16, 2020
I just recently got involved in making my home a smart home. I went from Simpi Safe to Ring and with the move to ring came a free Alexa Echo Show 5.... It IS HORRIBLE. Alexa can barely hear you on that and the sound was not the greatest. Then this beauty came up for free with the purchase of a Ring Stick Up Cam. The quality is so much better, this Echo Dot can hear me and the sound that it puts out is incredible. I do have to admit that I wouldn't pay full price for this, since it is an Amazon product and it is made to order amazon items easier. I would pay at most $20 for this since you are giving up some of your privacy to the corporation.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Echo Dot- January 5, 2019
I can only review this as a first time user with this type device. I've had it a couple weeks now and it is really a fun thing to have around. It was easy to set up, and thus far has worked well. I purchased a few smart light switches and plugs. They, on the other hand, were a little trickier to get going, but ;ike everything tech, got easy after the first connect. Connecting the plugs and switches to the wifi took a try or two, but connecting them to the Dot was simple. The speaker is a little muffled, but not bad. The Dot can hear you without having to turn the TV down, or sushing other conversations. So far, I am happy with this purchase.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.