Amazon Echo Show 5 (2nd Gen) Smart Display with Alexa - Charcoal
- Compact smart display: 5.5-inch 960 x 480 touchscreen gives you updates on connected smart home devices, lets you make and receive video calls, and manage your day with just a glance
- Alexa can do it all: Voice assistant helps you set alarms, control playlists, compile shopping lists, command connected smart-home devices, and manage your smart home using just your voice
- Always ready to help: See who's at the front door, adjust thermostats, control the lights, and instruct tons of other compatible devices using the Echo Show 5 as a central smart hub
- Endless entertainment: Catch up on news updates, sports highlights, watch Prime Video, Netflix, and more or stream favourites from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, and others in HD and stereo on your Echo Show device (note: subscription / membership required for use)
- Make your life easy: Easily update to-do lists, manage calendars, and quickly glance at weather and traffic on your way out so you're always up to date on what's going on
- Stay informed: Make video calls with the 2 MP and look in when you're away with the built-in camera
- Protect your privacy: Electronically disconnect the microphones and camera with one press of a button and slide the built-in shutter over the camera to safeguard your privacy
- Wi-Fi- and Bluetooth-enabled connectivity: Hooks up to your in-home networks easily and syncs with them to generate seamless smart-home setups
- Android and Fire OS 6 compatible: Lets you control and manage devices and features found on an expansive range of compatible technologies, including cameras, lights, and more
- Flexible and Customizable: IFTTT capabilities let you craft your own instruction sets based on the conditions you specify and create routines to do multiple things at once
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 1389 reviewers who responded, 1324 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Amazon echo show 5- September 3, 2021
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] I love the amazon echo show 5. I love the fact that you can make video calls, Check the calendar, set alarms and timers, stream music or watch TV shows. The Amazon echo show 5 is my all in one entertainment.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool tech tool!- August 7, 2021
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] One of the things that I really like about this product is the many options for customizations that are available. There are a few features that seem "big brother-ish," but you have the option to not utilize them, and there is a slide button to close the camera. It's very intuitive the more information that you give it or slow it to access. I set up a wake up alarm and it was loud enough but not scare you outta your sleep level lol. I'll continue to explore more of the features, but I have the time and weather at a glance, message notifications, voice activated alarms and functioning, and it's linked to my apple music to play whatever music that I like. Very cool tech tool, worth the investment!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alexa can do a lot!- September 30, 2021
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] This Echo is really easy to set up. In the box is the Echo and the plug you need to operate it. Plug the Echo in and it walks you through the set up process. Took about 10 minutes to set up with the updates it has to do for the first time. I like that it has the screen that shows you besides just telling you what you are looking for. You can download the Alexa app to also control the Echo. My son who is 8 loves to ask lots of questions to Alexa. When he uses it I can go right into the Alexa app and turn on kids mode. Which is a nice feature. He can play games or ask questions. Echo will do anything his kids kindle can do in Amazon kids. You can call other people in your contact list that has a Echo too. It will take pictures and it will display your pictures from your Amazon picture account. You will need a Amazon account to get the best experience with the Echo show. I like that you can at any time turn it off with the button on the show. You can also disable the camera. You can change the screen saver. Add alarm clocks, and so much more. It is basically a mini computer with added benefits. You can add smart plugs to have Alexa turn off lights or anything you decide to plug into the smart plug. I am still learning all the things it can do. The only con is that it has to stay plugged into a outlet. It won't work if you don't have it plugged in.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun to have- January 24, 2022
matching my bathroom white interior, fun to have in bathroom : morning to take shower and to listen to news, evening to relax in bath to smooth musicYes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice to have a personal assistant- August 17, 2021
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] Echo has been a nice addition to my nightstand. She sets my alarm, turns on and off my light thanks to the compatible smart switch. Pairing was super easy and works every time. I set reminders for work, add items to the grocery list and listen to music. The speaker is surprisingly clear and powerful. Quality is on par with most portable speakers, JBL, Sony etc . I have not used the video functions yet but like how you can call other Amazon devices like a home paging network. Not really necessary but a cool feature. The quality of construction is also impressive with a nice fabric mesh cover on the back half. The screen is very clear and nicely dims in low light and darkness. I have yet to explore all the many things Echo can do. I gave four stars only because the device is a bit laggy and slow to respond to touch inputs. I also wish there were more physical touch and menu options to navigate. It predominantly is more effective and quicker just to ask Echo what you want. I guess it's a preference so maybe not a negative. The screen like touchscreens in the car get very dirty and smudge quickly. Not really a fix unless again you use more voice prompts. Overall a nice addition to our fairly smart house and have enjoyed the capabilities and the added convenience.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.