Amazon Echo Show 8 Smart Display with Alexa - Sandstone
- Alexa shows you more: 8" HD screen and stereo sound allow Alexa to help manage your day with just a glance
- Entertainment everywhere: Ask Alexa to show you movie trailers, TV shows, movies, or the news, or listen to radio stations, podcasts, and audiobooks
- Connect with video calling and messaging: Call friends and family who have the Alexa app, an Echo device with a screen, or Skype, or use it to make announcements to other devices in your home so that everyone knows when dinner is ready or it's time to put the cat out
- Control your smart home: Use your voice to control compatible devices or manage them on the easy-to-use displa, plus you can ask Alexa to show you feeds from your security cameras, control your lights, and adjust your thermostats from one handy smart hub
- Customise as you see fit: Show off your Amazon photo albums, create a personalized home screen, and build morning routines to start your day off right
- Fits your life: Easily update to-do lists and calendars, and quickly glance at weather and traffic on your way out so you're always up-to-date on what's going on
- Protect your privacy: Electronically disconnect the microphones and camera with one press of a button and slide the built-in shutter over the camera to safeguard your privacy
- Netflix-ready: Watch the full Netflix catalog on your Echo Show device (note: Netflix streaming membership required for use)
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 69 reviewers who responded, 58 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Super easy to set up- December 3, 2020
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] The show 8 easily set up, no problem connecting to my WIFi, It is bigger than I expected but I like it in this size. I especially like the long power cord. So far no problems with the show, it easily set up everything, is currently playing music, I hadn't realized how much I missed that. Answers questions quickly, shows recipes. A smart plug came included, not sure if plug is defective or damaged in shipping. Box was pretty smashed on the smart plug. Anyway I installed Alexa app on phone and smart plug doesn't connect. I am rating just the show, not the smart plug in this review. I haven't been tried making any calls but appears it can be done. Screen resolution is very clear. 8 " sound is excellent! Hands free calls.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new best friend- December 16, 2020
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] It was very simple to set up and complete the installation. I can control the lights, calls, set reminders, listen to music and so much more, just by taking to Alexa. I set up the lights with Alexa along with the smart plug and I can turn them on and off, just with my voice. I can call family and friends and also conduct video calls through it. The screen has a wonderful 8.0 that's perfect for video calls with my love ones. I love baking, so I can cook along while making the recipe using Alexa. I can touch the screen to complete tasks. I fell in love with this device and will continue to use it.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice.- December 22, 2020
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] I love all areas of New technology. I love using any device that is Alexa enabled. With the echo show you are able to due multiple things. You can check the weather, look for recipes, play music from different apps, enable your calendar and add your pictures for the background. I am in LOVE! The only thing that I dislike so far is the fact that I cannot pull my Playlist from apple music. That is an update I would love to see. I would definitely recommend this and I am looking forward for any updates.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice smart home companion- January 8, 2020
We purchased two Echo 8's after trying the Echo Dot and liking it. So far so good, we have one in the kitchen and one in my daughters room. They act mainly as a smart assistant, clock, radio and have used it several times as a speaker phone to make calls. Pro's: Nice size screen, speaker sounds good, picks up voices easily, picture quality is good for the size and purpose, works well as a smart home companion for accepting commands, daughter likes how you can watch Youtube and Amazon Prime Video. Con's: Alexa isn't as 'smart' as 'Ok Google' when it comes to looking things up, bit of a novelty item after initial use period. Overall for the price I would definitely recommend it!
Not helpful (3)Report
- my Thoughts- January 28, 2020
I found it very hard to setup thank god they have a support into place aswell it does not find CE Smart light switches and plugs at all I spent hours with support and they gave up on me swell I went to ce smart support they blame amazon lexes for the troubles Amzon needs a complete easier format to set these units up even there support don't have enough Knowledge on there stuff I feel Alexa is great but very hard to setup for the average person on the street to figure out I still need help with it. swell I been going to Utupe till 3 0clock in the morning for help no body does not know how to setup up ce smart devices at all on this Alexa device
Not helpful (20)Report