Amazon Fire HD 8 Kids Edition 8" 32GB FireOS Tablet with MTK/MT8168 4-Core Processor - Pink
- 8" HD touchscreen display with native 1280 x 800 resolution gives clear, sharp visuals for everything your child needs, including reading, browsing the internet, gaming, watching videos, and beyond
- Fire OS lets you effortlessly browse, explore social media, send emails, watch videos, play games, listen to your favourite music, and so much more
- 32GB of internal storage and a microSD memory card slot for up to 1TB (memory cards sold separately) give you plenty of space to store all your files
- 2.0GHz quad-core MTK/MT8168 processor with 2GB of LPDDR4 RAM provides powerful performance to drive all your apps, games, videos, and more
- Dual-band enhanced Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac) allows for a smooth, fast connection to available Wi-Fi networks
- Bluetooth 5.0 syncs up with ease to your compatible Bluetooth devices
- USB-C port connects all your USB devices at blazing-fast speeds and makes for easier charging
- Fire Tablet app store lets you access a world of content, from streaming to social networking (subscriptions may be required)
- One-year access to Amazon FreeTime Unlimited (note: paid monthly subscription required to continue access after one year) gives your children access to thousands of apps, games, books, videos, and educational content from Sesame Street, Nickelodeon, Disney, and much more; also includes hundreds of French language books and videos
- Easy-to-use parental controls let you create screen time limits, set educational goals, and filter content so your kids can use the internet healthily and safely
- 2MP front- and rear-facing cameras with 720p HD video recording capture all those magic moments in high-definition
- Video calling over Wi-Fi lets you and your kids stay in touch with family and friends
- Built-in 0.7-watt speaker provides clear, crisp audio for daily use
- All-day battery life gives you up to 12 hours of use and the USB-C port fully charges the device in less than 5 hours
- Included kid-proof case helps protect the device from those inevitable bumps, scrapes, and drops
- Fire HD 8 Tablet
- Amazon Kid-Proof Case
- USB-C (2.0) Cable
- 5W Power Adapter
- Quick Start Guide
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 31 reviewers who responded, 29 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Great for Kids- December 4, 2020
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] I love this tablet. Having just a kids profile is so nice. I dont have to worry about my son clicking on other profiles or trying to buy things. The one year kids freetime is a huge bonus. My son loves all the videos and games it has. I also really like that it can be set to certain ages. The screen is a great size, but too big and bulky and not too small to where you can't see anything. The cover is sturdy and comes with a built in stand. I do wish the tablet came with a screen protector already because the case is very hard to take on and off. It would also be nice if it had a handle but all in all it's a great tablet for kids.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Works for the kids- October 26, 2020
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] We have young children between the ages of 2 years old and 2nd grade. The 2 year old can easily use this tablet to navigate to what's presented on the main screen. The oldest can do even more in finding their way through the devices many options.The vast depth of media options through the Prime platform are great for our kids. Too great, we've had to look into using the very helpful parent controls and timers. I'm not a big fan of the user interface, especially for switching between users. I want to give my kids a chance to figure out technology on their own and they struggle with changing uses. When our middle child wants to access their user it's a struggle to switch from the sibbling uses. This is something that should be easier and I expect it will get sorted out. I find the value of the product is in the Prime catalog and price point.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for play not for work- January 11, 2021
If you are looking just for something for the kids to play on then look no further. However we were also looking for something the kids could use for online school. We set up their school stuff on the parents profile which worked well. But we needed to use Microsoft teams which you can not download from the Amazon fire App Store. I had to down load a work around to get googleplay and then be able to download Microsoft apps. It’s works well once we were able to do that. However it would be nice if more cross platform things could be downloaded from the Amazon App Store.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Poorly designed not worked from day one!- December 30, 2021
I have had many tab and bought this one for a todler; the tab was not functional from day one and Amazone advisers were not helpful at all. I could not return the item as it was in the middle of pandemy. I was left with a junk of rubbish which has no value. My feedback on Amazon surprisingly removed sometime after being published and when I tried to put a feedback again they declined with some excuses. People have the right to know what this product is really like. If Amazon stops negative feedbacks from being published, the feedback on this item will not be a true reflection of the quality of this item.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Great design- October 25, 2020
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] I love the compact and user friendly design. It’s perfect for kids as it’s light weight and the screen is great size for small eyes. I like how I can create two profiles and keep a check in what my kid’s been watching. It’s fast speed and love the apps that come integrated. Worth the money.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.