Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 8GB 6" Digital eReader with Touchscreen (B07HKYZMQX) - Black
- 6" 300-ppi touchscreen display features a built-in adjustable light so you can comfortably read in any lighting conditions
- Glare-free E-ink technology delivers a paper-like reading experience with laser-quality text that won't strain your eyes
- 8GB of internal storage holds thousands of books so you can take your library with you wherever you go
- Integrated Bluetooth 4.1, USB connection, and 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi provide convenient connectivity options
- Get instant access to new releases and bestsellers and choose from millions of books from the Kindle store
- Water-proof design (IPX8) makes it safe to read by the pool, at the beach, or in the bathtub
- Lithium-ion rechargeable battery lasts up to six weeks on a single charge
- Kindle Paperwhite
- USB 2.0 Charging Cable
- Quick Start Guide
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 1889 reviewers who responded, 1811 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Annoying Power Button- May 23, 2020
I really enjoy using the Kindle. It's my first one so I'm not sure what to really expect but it is such a convenience to use compared to a standard book. I always was one for regular paper books but the Kindle has sold me. However a minor issue that I have with this Kindle is the placement of the power button. It's an annoyance to have it placed on the bottom on the Kindle because my finger often presses it. Whoever designed that needs to rethink it for the future Kindles. Also the battery life is really good but I doubt that it lasts as long as advertised (a month) but it still does last long enough for me not to ever worry about charging it.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ereader- January 30, 2021
I was really surprised/impressed with how nice this new 2018 Kindle paperwhite was when it first arrived. When I first opened it I could tell it seemed longer, and maybe the wider bezel around it is for readers who prefer to read without a case, offering a better grip. Just guessing. I have both the Oasis, (both versions), and the Voyage, (a couple of them gifts and wonderful ereaders, I’ve thought), and I have loved them and still do, so I wasn’t expecting to really be impressed with this new ereader. I like to have an extra ereader or two so when my friends come to visit, we can all sit around and read if we want when we’re tired of going.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Kindle reader!- February 1, 2020
I do most of my Kindle reading using the Kindle app on my iPad Mini 5 or iPhone, but I don’t like looking at a device backlit screen while reading at night, even with Night Shift turned on. The Kindle Paperwhite is great for reading anytime, but I like to use it in bed for night reading. I have a low-wattage incandescent lamp on my nightstand, and while using the Kindle, I turn its backlight all the way down - so much easier on these middle-aged eyes! Page-turning response is pretty fast, compared to older Kindle models. Standby battery life is pretty long. I recommend also buying Amazon’s standard case for it, which provides good device protection.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.