Apple 85W MagSafe Power Adapter (MC556LL/B)
- Designed for use with the 15- or 17-inch MacBook Pro
- A magnetic DC connector ensures your power cable will disconnect if it experiences undue strain and helps prevent fraying or weakening of the cables over time
- In addition, the magnetic DC helps guide the plug into the system for a quick and secure connection
- When the connection is secure, an LED located at the head of the DC connector will light; an amber light lets you know that your portable is charging, while a green light tells you that you have a full charge
- An AC cord is provided with the adapter for maximum cord length
- The AC wall adapter gives you an even easier and more compact way to travel
- Designed to be the perfect traveling companion, the adapter has a clever design which allows the DC cable to be wound neatly around itself for easy cable storage
- This power adapter recharges the lithium polymer battery while the system is off, on, or in sleep mode; it also powers the system if you choose to operate without a battery
- Apple Power Adapter
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 3664 reviewers who responded, 3470 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- simple product, good service- July 31, 2021
There isn't much to review about the product. This is the old charger for the Macbook Pro laptop line of about five to ten years ago. My old one died, and I needed a replacement. This one works as the old one did. That's all that needs to be said about that. The more important point about the buying experience is that the folks at the Casper store figured out the right product. I didn't really look closely at the old one. I just told them what product I had and asked them what I needed as a replacement. They checked on some things and found the right one. That was helpful. I live a long way from a store, so getting things right when I'm there is important.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Apple Product Ever- August 4, 2014
This is the THIRD charger in two years. My girlfriend uses it with her Mac. The internet is riddled with poor reviews of this product, so mine certainly isn't the first. You have no choice over the charger you have to buy, so it certainly is a terrible situation for the consumer. One recommendation is to be EXTREMELY cautious with winding the cord that leads from the charger to the computer. The reinforcement on that end is notorious for breaking much sooner than it should. Create a small loop about the length of your thumb before winding. That should prevent excessive stress, but it WILL wear out long before your Mac does. :(No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- It's a charger...- November 29, 2014
It's a charger. What can I say. It works perfectly with my Late 2011 Macbook Pro. I needed a replacement since the other one died within a year. I guess it's an on going thing with these chargers from what I read on forums and sites throughout the web. It's my 4rd one.The original lasted a long time but the replacements seem to die off faster. Either it out right stops working or the the cable frays or the L-Shaped end falls apart in 3 pieces. The latter happened to me recently but had all of the problems happen to me one time or another. It works but it's an Apple item and is expensive. In the end it's just a charger.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.