Apple MacBook Air 13.3" w/ Touch ID (2020) - Space Grey (Intel Core i5 1.1GHz/512GB SSD/8GB RAM) -En
Sold out online
This product is currently unavailable to pick up at nearby stores.
Geek Squad Protection PlanSee benefits
- 1.1GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor (with Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz and a 6MB L3 cache) and 8GB of high-performance memory let you work seamlessly even with multiple apps open
- 512GB SSD provides plenty of room for all your movies, music, photos, files, and games
- Retina display with a resolution of 2560 x 1600 for over 4 million pixels, so images take on a new level of detail and realism, text is sharp and clear, and with millions of colours, everything you see is rich and vibrant
- True Tone technology automatically adjusts the white point of the display to match the colour temperature of your environment, making web pages and emails look as natural as the printed page
- Display glass goes right to the edge of the enclosure, so you can focus on what’s on your screen
- Wi-Fi (802.11ac, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible) and Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology give you the power to connect wirelessly with ease
- With all-day battery life, the built-in 49.9Wh lithium‑polymer battery gives you up to 11 hours of wireless web, up to 12 hours of Apple TV app movie playback, or up to 30 days of standby time
- Incredibly thin and light, it packs heavy-duty performance into just 1.29kg (2.8lb.)
- Thunderbolt 3 combines ultra-high bandwidth with the ultra-versatility of the USB-C industry standard to create one revved-up universal port--and MacBook Air has two of them
- Thunderbolt 3 integrates data transfer, charging and video output in a single connector, delivering up to 40Gb/s of throughput for twice the bandwidth of Thunderbolt 2; existing devices are easily connected with a cable or adapter (sold separately), plus Thunderbolt 3 is reversible, so no matter how you plug it in, it’s always right side up
- Magic Keyboard has a refined scissor mechanism with 1mm of travel that delivers a responsive, comfortable and quiet typing experience
- Inverted-T arrow keys help you fly through lines of code, spreadsheets or game environments
- Backlit keys with ambient light sensor help you type in low-light settings
- Force Touch trackpad lets you interact with your Mac in a variety of ways based on subtle differences in pressure, so you have precise control and a uniform response, no matter where you click the trackpad, as well as plenty of room for Multi-Touch gestures like pinch and zoom
- Touch ID's advanced security and convenience means you can simply place your finger on the Touch ID sensor and your Mac unlocks to immediately access locked documents, notes, and system settings without entering yet another password
- Online shopping is even easier--select Apple Pay at checkout, and with just one touch, you’re done without needing to enter shipping or billing info, and your card details are never shared
- Apple T2 Security Chip is a second-generation custom Mac silicon designed by Apple to make MacBook Air even more secure with on-the-fly data encryption, which means all your data stored on the SSD is automatically and fully encrypted
- Hey Siri is always ready to open apps, find documents, play music, and answer your questions
- Stereo speakers deliver lots of bass and more volume, while wider stereo sound creates immersive audio when you’re listening to music or watching a movie
- FaceTime camera lets your friends and family members see you in high definition, while 3 microphones form an array that more accurately captures your voice for FaceTime calls, dictation, and talking to Siri
- Sidecar lets you use your iPad (sold separately) as a second Mac display
- Equipped with a collection of powerful creativity and productivity apps, with dedicated apps for music, TV and podcasts, and smart new features in the apps you use every day
- Sleek wedge-shaped design is created from 100% recycled aluminum, making it the greenest Mac ever
Storage & Memory
Inputs & Outputs
- MacBook Air
- 30W USB-C Power Adapter
- USB-C Charge Cable (2 m)
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 956 reviewers who responded, 929 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Apple wins again- December 31, 2020
Apple products have yet to disappoint me and my family. With COVID, I needed a way for the kids to do school online. I initially started with iMacs, but quickly realized that the kids needed to be mobile, so I traded in their iMacs for MacBook Air laptops. While the screen is smaller, the kids enjoy the mobility much more and also like the lightweight nature of the Macs. Be sure you check the specs as I have found anything lower than an i5 Intel chip can be a bit slow--especially for classes like programming, 3D rendering, etc. This MacBook Air was an excellent purchase and addition to my already deeply rooted Apple device family.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- If I could go back, I’d just get the i3 model- July 17, 2020
I love my MacBook Air, but if I could go back I’d just get the i3 base model or the entry MacBook Pro. When I watched online reviews prior to my purchase everyone recommended upgrading to the i5 model, but it wasn’t until after I made my purchase that I experienced how slow the i5 model is with light video and photo editing. The fan comes on immediately, the system freezes up and my programs restart frequently. It’s a great computer aside from this, but the design of the computer it self just can’t handle the quad core i5. Id recommend sticking with the i3 model. Buying this version thinking that it will have a longer life compared to the i3 model isn’t true.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Great lap top for students!- September 7, 2020
Purchased this for my son. He's a sophomore and this is his first year in a large public school. He wanted an Apple Mac Book which was a big surprise to me because we use PC's in our home. He and his Mom both use iPhone's though which probably explains how he adapted to this MacBook so easily. It's a perfect size for carrying to school in a backpack and unbelievably thin and light. Personally I was surprised that it doesn't have a touch screen but research reveals that no Apple lap top offers touch screens, at least not yet. My son loves the MacBook Air. It's fast has great resolution and he's now one of the "cool Kids" with an Apple on his lap top! Thanks Dad!!!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.