Apple MacBook Air 13.3" w/ Touch ID (Fall 2020) - Gold (Apple M1 Chip / 256GB SSD / 8GB RAM) - En
- Apple-designed M1 chip for a giant leap in CPU, GPU, and machine-learning performance
- 8-core CPU delivers up to 3.5 times faster performance to tackle projects faster than ever
- 16-core Neural Engine for advanced machine learning
- 8GB of unified memory so everything you do is fast and fluid
- 256GB of super-fast SSD storage launches apps and opens files in an instant
- 7-core GPU with up to 5 times faster graphics for graphics-intensive apps and games
- 13.3-inch Retina display with P3 wide colour for vibrant images and incredible detail
- Next-generation Wi-Fi 6 for faster connectivity
- Go longer than ever with up to 18 hours of battery life
- Two Thunderbolt/USB 4 ports for charging and accessories
- FaceTime HD camera with advanced image signal processor for clearer, sharper video calls
- Three-microphone array focuses on your voice instead of what's going on around you
- Backlit Magic Keyboard (English) and Touch ID for secure unlock and payments
- Fanless design for silent operation
- macOS Big Sur introduces a bold new design and major app updates for Safari, Messages, and Maps
Storage & Memory
Inputs & Outputs
- MacBook Air
- 30W USB-C Power Adapter
- USB-C Charge Cable (2 m)
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 2608 reviewers who responded, 2535 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Impressive performance and battery life- January 15, 2021
The battery life is impressive (easily a full day of work without charging), and it's incredibly fast even though it's the base model, doesn't even slow down a bit with an external display. My regular work includes office software, multiple tabs on Safari and some light image processing. Was concerned with having the new M1 processors, but most common apps are already updated so I haven't even seen Rosetta Stone pop up yet, though I read even that is not a big deal. It's a bit annoying having to use adapters for everything, but they're not very expensive anymore so it's not a big deal. The color finish is beautiful and it really stands out.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Ultrabook you can buy- November 26, 2020
The new M1 soc is a revolutionary advance in performance and long battery life. This is the first MacBook Air I feel comfortable running Final Cut Pro X on. I can edit 4k video with no problems. I've never been able to use a MacBook Air as a pro video edit machine until now. While editing video it doesn't get any warm then my old MacBook Pro running at idle. I will not be able to use this laptop as a lap warmer in the winter. I've been getting at least an additional 50% extra battery life compared to my previous Macbook. All the apps I normally use run perfect even the old x86 apps translated through Rosetta 2. The only app I can't use temporarily is Parallels. That will change soon since they are about to release a Beta version for the M1. I have a Nitro 5 gaming laptop with the AMD Ryzen 5 4600H and this MacBook Air smokes that laptop in everything but the gpu performance since the Nitro 5 has a dedicated gpu. However, it manages to reach about 75% of the gpu performance of the Nitro 5. That is the best performance I've ever seen from an integrated gpu on any machine. No Windows ultrabook can compare to the M1 MacBook Air in raw performance or extended battery life. Apple is doing to computers what it did to the mobile industry with the original iPhone introduction. It is changing everything by introducing new technology that is several years ahead of what any other company can offer. If you need an powerful Ultrabook with the best battery life available in the segment this is hands down the best option available anywhere. Once you purchase and use the M1 MacBook Air you'll realize what a true ultrabook was meant to be.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Great to use with Photoshop!- August 14, 2021
I had a 2013 Mac and decided to upgrade. I have really enjoyed it. The lightness of the laptop is crazy. I can carry this one in my purse all day and not have any issues. I sometimes forget it's there. I use this MacBook for editing photos with Photoshop and it's pretty amazing. The colors on the screen are so vivid. If you are a fan of the traditional keyboards, this one has slightly less pronounced keys but I enjoy it. I would highly recommend if someone is looking to upgrade or need a laptop for editing photos. I will say the color is more like a rose gold than a gold. It really depends on what type of lighting it is under.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.