Arlo Ultra Wire-Free Security System with 2 Bullet 4K HD Cameras - White
- 100% wire-free security system means you don't have to worry about the clutter and hassle of power cords or wires
- 2 cameras with 4K UHD resolution and a 180-degree field of view record sharp, detailed HD video of your home, office, or business
- Enjoy cloud recordings that you can review on your smart device anytime
- Back up your videos by connecting a USB drive to Arlo's base station
- Set up automatic monitoring based on your schedule, so you can keep an eye out on things when you're at work or on vacation
- Receive instant alerts on your iOS or Android mobile device when motion or sound is detected, so you can stay in know of what's going on, or who's coming and going
- Night vision on the cameras means you won’t miss a critical moment, even if it's dark outside
- Weatherproof design makes the Arlo system suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- 2-way audio allows you to listen in on what's going on or talk to the person on camera
- Control the siren remotely to scare off intruders
- Each camera runs on a rechargeable battery that can easily be recharged and replaced
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 197 reviewers who responded, 142 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Review after 15 months- September 25, 2020
I had the Arlo pro 2 and it was working pretty well. I decided to purchase the Ultra and pass on the pro 2 to a family member. For almost a year they had to fix issues/firmware on these camera. And after dealing with all those restrictions, one of the cameras died after 14 months. Arlo does not repair cameras even if you want to pay. So that was $400 down the drain. Additionally videos take a while to load and view on the cell. Even showing live feed takes a while, by the time it loads whoever rings the bell is long gone. The quality of the video is very good when it works. This purchase was expensive and came with many headaches. I would not recommend it.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Not a good security camera- November 22, 2019
There is too much of a delay when you are viewing live view. I had experienced a 5 to 15 second lag in live view. There is also a delay when notifying you that there is motion, it took about 10 to 30 seconds. Video quality is pretty good especially since there is a spot light. For what you are paying it's probably more reliable to get a nest cam because notifications are way better as well as live view delay. There might only be a 1 or 2 second delay in live view. You have to eventually pay a subscription fee anyways, because you won't be able to view your recorded footages to your microSD from your Arlo app once the subscription expires.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Bug ridden- April 24, 2020
Purchased to monitor a property and it is very unreliable and full of bugs. Cameras just stop responding and show as offline. Constantly have to reboot the base station remotely for features to work. I bought a Arlo light to trigger the cameras when motion is detected, but it never works. The solar panels from Arlo have gone bad twice on me. Switching my system to Ring which is working much more reliable so far. Not sure if I will sell this to another poor soul or use them for target practice. Way over priced for the reliability. Cameras are built solid, but whoever is writing the code for their firmware and controls is either drunk or incompetent.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.