ASUS ROG Strix G15 15.6" Gaming Laptop (AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX/512GB SSD/16GB RAM/RTX 3060) - English
- Free Upgrade to Windows 11 when available (see below)
- 3.3GHz octa-core AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX processor (overclockable up to 4.6GHz) and 16GB of DDR4 RAM deliver enough power for high-level gaming and multitasking
- 512GBM.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0 solid state drive (SSD) gives plenty of storage space for all your digital collection with blazing-fast retrieval times
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 graphics card with 6GB of dedicated GDDR6 video memory ensures incredible graphics performance at high frame rates for immersive gaming experience
- 15.6-inch IPS display of Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution and ultra-fast 300Hz refresh rate presents amazing visuals without any screen tearing or stuttering
- Integrated Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) and 10/100/1000 Ethernet port provide flexible wireless or wired network connection
- Bluetooth 5.1 (dual-band) 2x2 connectivity lets you pair compatible devices for wireless data transferring and audio streaming
- Rechargeable 4-cell, 4S1P li-ion battery of 90Wh capacity packs ample battery life for seamless on-the-go gaming
- Three USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A port, one USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C port with Power Delivery support, one HDMI port, one RJ45 LAN jack, and a 3.5mm combo audio jack allow for pairing external monitors, storage units, game consoles, headphones, and more
- VR-ready laptop means you can run virtual reality games and applications with compatible VR gear (sold separately)
- Easy upgrade design allows for futuristic hardware upgrades
- Innovative ROG Intelligent Cooling system features thermal grizzly liquid metal thermal compound for efficient cooling performance and durability
- Four-zone RGB backlit keyboard with ROG Aura Sync system helps gaming or typing with utmost accuracy even under dim lighting conditions
- Pre-installed Windows 10 Home (English) operating system supports a wide range of games and Microsoft applications
- Upgrade rollout plan is being finalised and is scheduled to begin late in 2021 and continue into 2022. Specific timing will vary by device. Certain features require specific hardware, see https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/windows-11-specifications
Storage & Memory
Inputs & Outputs
- Power Cables
- AC Adapter
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 15 reviewers who responded, 11 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Almost perfect, maybe I’m picky.- December 29, 2021
Love nearly everything about this computer, and it feels very powerful, I can run every game I’ve tried so far with zero lag at full settings. Screen, lights and keyboard look/ feel amazing. You can really tell some love went into the design of this PC. My only complain is that I had to use my in-store warranty with my first ROG STRIX G15 because on the keys on the keyboard stopped being responsive and was deem irreparable (likely a one time fluke) and I really wish they would of included a camera on this laptop. It is a great gaming station but being able to use it for school or work without an external camera would have been nice and a little expected/ disappointing given the price point.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Subpar performance & critical errors disappoint me- December 28, 2021
While I like the design features and the published specs, in practice this machine does not perform well in the competitive video games. The Rysen 9 / Nvidia 3060 combo's graphic performance was very subpar, with lockups and thermal throttling that could not be mitigated or resolved. Compared to my ASUS ROG Strix G502VT, which is able to handle the same games with only a slight reduction in performance, this machine is inferior in real world testing IMO. I will need to replace my current laptop, but this version of ASUS offering is not it.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Just terrible- November 10, 2021
Bought the conputer and was immediately disappointed and frustrated with it. Mine seems to hate being connected to the internet and drops constantly despite my other two computers and phone having near perfect connections. Now the thing no longer turns on and I'll be bringing it back tomorrow. I would go more into detail, but I'll be likely to violate some term and conditions, so I'll just say that this is the worst computer that I have ever owned.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (3)Report
- Good laptop. Iffy best buy- September 16, 2021
The laptop description isn't correct. The keyboard is not per key rgb. It's 4zone rgb. Big bummer. I talked to best buy and they tired to get me to pay for some warranty extension so I can get the correct model? Sounds like they just tried to trick me into buying more crap. Regardless, the laptop is working fine so far, I would prefer some sort of compensation since it's inferior to what they said, but still works fine.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- almost a top notch laptop- December 23, 2021
Laptop is pretty awesome but my only gripe about the machine is the fact the battery even with power safe features implemented only gives me about 4 hours of life.. not what i was expecting even for a gaming laptop but it does charge fast. As well the lack of a video cam was a surprise to me.... other then that the performance of the machine is awesome. would have had a 5 if those two things were better.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.