ASUS ROG Strix G17 17.3" Gaming Laptop - Eclipse Grey (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H/1TB SSD/16GB RAM/RTX 3060)
Available to ship
- Free Upgrade to Windows 11 when available (see below)
- 3GHz AMD Ryzen 7 5800H octa-core processor (overclockable up to 4.3GHz) and 16GB of DDR4 RAM deliver robust performance to handle heavy-duty gaming and multitasking workflows
- 1TB PCIe solid state drive (SSD) offers reliable storage space for all your games, movies, photos, and software with quick system bootup and data retrieval times
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 graphics card with 6GB of dedicated video memory churns out every game in perfect visual clarity
- 17.3" Full HD anti-glare display with a 1920 x 1080 resolution and 144Hz refresh rate delivers lifelike visuals with buttery-smooth frame rates to give you an immersive gaming experience
- Integrated 10/100/1000 ethernet port and Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) offer flexible wired or wireless network connection for seamless online gaming, movie streaming, and browsing
- Dual-band Bluetooth 5.1 2x2 technology makes it easy to connect a variety of wireless input devices such as keyboards, mice, stylus pens, and more (sold separately)
- 4S1P, 4-cell li-ion rechargeable battery features a 90Wh capacity to keep the laptop going for hours
- One USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C port (supports Power Delivery DisplayPort),three USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A ports, one HDMI port, one RJ45 LAN port, and one 3.5mm combo audio jack let you connect a variety of external devices with ease
- VR-ready design is ready to handle virtual reality games with compatible VR accessories and applications (sold separately)
- Four-zone RGB backlit chiclet keyboard illuminates every key for convenient gaming or typing even in low light conditions
- Pre-installed Windows 10 Home (bilingual) operating system offers an intuitive user interface and advanced security features
- Upgrade rollout plan is being finalised and is scheduled to begin late in 2021 and continue into 2022. Specific timing will vary by device. Certain features require specific hardware, see https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/windows-11-specifications
Storage & Memory
Inputs & Outputs
- Power Cables
- AC Adapter
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 66 reviewers who responded, 57 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Amazing Deal- April 26, 2021
Easily able to run triple AAA games at reasonable temps (for laptops), OP machine, beautiful and great quality build, the screen is nice and pictures don't do this this justice. The only tiny things I've noticed is that every now and then the keyboard backlite quickly flicks. Probably a software issue but barley one at that. And When you turn it on the power on sequence is neat but can give you a startle when you've recently got it and not used to it. But those are almost irrelevant. I do however recommend getting a notebook cooler. I have a 230mm one and it genuinely helps. And it give the laptop some height. Overall, I could not be happier with this thing, a little confused as to why there is no webcam, but I love this thing.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Rockstar- May 21, 2021
This is my second review on this laptop. I has to return the first due to cpu fan grinding noise at 2500rpm. This machine is perfect. It has what appears is a multilingual keyboard with British pound symbol and other strange characters. The fans even running full tilt are more than tolerable. The performance of this is amazing from near instant startup and reboot times to pub stomping punching above its weight benchmarks and gaming performance. I love the Armoury Crate app. I can monitor important parameters on my phone or tablet while benchmarking or gaming. I returned a beautiful Lenovo RTX2080 laptop and bought another one of these. It hammers the Lenovo almost everywhere. Asus did a great job on this machine.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- G17 RTX 3060- April 26, 2021
Pretty good machine for the price compared to last years gaming laptops and compared to others available right now. When playing the Witcher 3, I can use high settings on my 4k tv to get 50-60fps. My only gripe is the screen. It seems pretty good for a 250nits screen, but if your gaming in a room with a lot of day light and the background is dark, it will be hard to see. The software armoury crate is very nice for over clocking and setting up fan speeds. I found the stock settings do run the machine quiet at higher temps, but you can increase the speed for temps and run the machine very cool when gaming. Not sure I will keep it tho, I really am interested in the QHD screen and RTX 3070, just tapping my foot waiting for availability.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (4)Report
- Impressive- April 23, 2021
This has the nicest build quality that I have seen and felt on any laptop I’ve owned thus far. I have a 9900k / 2080ti desktop displaying at 1440p and honestly, this 3060 laptop is not far behind in terms of frame rate delivery (but displaying at 1080p of course). The fans are quieter than previous laptops I’ve owned. You can connect an external monitor via the USB C port with a USB C to DP cable. This will allow you to bypass Nvidia optimus and actually will give you a fps boost as the video comes directly from the GPU. I did this to try it out and I am averaging 120 fps playing Warzone on high setting with RT off. Getting 130 fps in less busy areas of the map. If you’re looking for portability paired with the power of a desktop: Here you go.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (3)Report
- Quiet as a church mouse- April 17, 2021
Very impressed so far. I tried a Strix RTX2070 and the screen was terrible and the machine sounded like a jet taking off while gaming. It was always on the verge of thermal throttling. This machine screen is very crisp and clear with great colors. I was worried the fans were broken as I couldn't hear anything while gaming. The speakers sound good. Better than the last Strix I tried. This is a worthwhile upgrade from my Asus G752vs GTX1070. I wish it had display port for external monitor and a webcam and card reader would make it a true laptop. Also only 2 m.2 slots so I won't have a ton of internal storage. I have had no issues setting it up. Unlike the last Strix that caused me a ton of grief. So glad I returned it and waited for this.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (8)Report