ASUS S340MF Desktop PC - White (Intel Core i5-9400/1TB HDD/256GB SSD/8GB RAM/Windows 10)
- 2.9GHz Intel Core i5-9400 processor and 8GB DDR4 RAM let you watch videos, stream contents and perform multi-tasking without any lags
- 1TB hard disk and 256GB solid-state drive for meeting all your file storage needs
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet port and integrated IEEE 802.11 ac Wi-Fi for efficient and seamless internet connectivity
- Four USB 2.0, two USB 3.1 Gen 1, one USB 3.1, one USB-C, one RJ45 LAN, one HDMI, one VGA (D-Sub) Out, two PS2, and one DVI-D port offer array of possibilities for connecting different peripheral devices
- Kensington lock for securing your expensive electronic device
- Two PCIe x1 slot, one PCIe x16 slot, and 1 x M.2 connector let you expand the functionality of the PC
- One headphone and one microphone port at the front for improved practicality
- High definition 7.1 channel audio ports offer provision for you to enjoy theatre-like sound experience
- Preinstalled with Windows 10 64-bit operating system for sophisticated user experience
Inputs & Outputs
- Desktop PC
- User Guide
- Warranty Card
- Power Cable
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 2 reviewers who responded, 2 would recommend this product.
- First time ASUS purchaser.- November 30, 2020
After always purchasing upper end computers with the latest processors (quality with minimal attention to cost), I wanted to achieve the most quality that could be obtained at a minimal cost. The only thing I demanded, was an optical drive. This ASUS computer was my choice. The i5 processor is surprisingly fast. As an owner of i7 computers, this i5 is very good. The SSD drive would explain how quickly the OS works. The second (regular) hard drive has plenty of storage. The 8 gigs of ram is standard and is sufficient for normal use. I upgraded to 32 due to my needs. The integrated graphics card is suitable, but not gaming quality. One surprise was that this computer is set up for Wifi or ethernet. That was a pleasant surprise. The optical drive is basic. Since it's vertically opened, it appears that I could never swap it out for a new DVD or bluray drive. The 300Watt power supply is false. It maxes out at peak 286 watts. Therefore, the graphics card I opened to install (needs 300 watt min) couldn't be used. I will not attempt any more upgrades other than the ram I added (additional ram wasn't needed...just wanted). So, I am satisfied with my purchase of this computer 'as is'. I do believe I obtained satisfactory quality, at a minimal cost. Last note, when it was originally started, it was verrrrrrry slow. I thought it was an i5 thing. After all microsoft updates were complete, there are no issues with slowness.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (2)Report
- Pleased with the quality for my needs.- May 16, 2021
I saw the 3 star review here and I thought I would add my opinion. I got this same desktop in August 2020. At that time I needed a newer desktop since we were forced to work from home for the long term. I thought for price it was a very good computer. I previously always purchased Dell computers over the last twenty years. So I have used the Asus S340 for almost a year now and I am very satisfied with it. It worked excellent with my need to run multiple computer programs at the same time, using with dual monitors. Are there better computers if you are into gaming? I am sure there are better computers out there for that. But if you are looking for a daily heavy use computer for work, or even for daily general personal use, I think you would be pleased with this desktop, I didn't rate it at a 5 star as I have not used it a lot for other than work related purposes until now. It would be nice to be able to swap out the optical drive if necessary as mentioned by the other reviewer. So depending what you want to do with this computer it may fall a bit short. But, for what I will be using it for, I am pleased with it. I found it fast and responsive in some pretty demanding work situations. I would certainly recommend it for someone like myself.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report