ASUS TUF 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Fortress Grey (AMD Ryzen 7 4800H/512GB SSD/16GB RAM/GeForce GTX 1660Ti)
Available to ship
This product is currently unavailable to pick up at nearby stores.
Geek Squad Protection PlanSee benefits
- 2.9GHz AMD Ryzen 7 4800H octa-core processor with 16GB of DDR4 RAM ensures the powerful performance you require for heavy gaming and browsing activities
- 512GB PCIE solid state drive (SSD) provides quick and reliable storage for all your games, movies, music, photos, documents, and other important files
- Dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti graphics with 6GB GDDR6 video memory renders ultra-smooth visuals without any lag or screen tearing
- 15.6" Full HD display featuring 1920x1080 native resolution and 144Hz refresh rate makes your favourite games and movies look realistic with rich picture quality
- Integrated Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) 2x2 and 10/100/1000 ethernet port provide fast and flexible wireless/wired network access to the laptop anywhere
- Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity lets you pair your Bluetooth-enabled devices like smartphones, wireless mice, and keyboards for seamless data transfers and clutter-free control
- Built-in 3-cell battery with 48Wh of capacity helps on-the-go gaming without any interruptions
- HDMI, USB 2.0 Type A, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C, and two USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A ports, as well as headphone-out and audio-in combo and RJ45 LAN jacks, give you versatile device connectivity
- Built-in 720p webcam lets you make video calls or connect face-to-face with your teammates while playing multi-player games online
- VR-ready design supports virtual reality applications and devices (sold separately)
- RGB backlit keyboard (one zone) enhances the visibility and appeal in dim light conditions
- Sturdy construction meets MIL-STD-810H military standards for durability
- Pre-loaded with Windows 10 Home operating system (bilingual) to ease your daily computing tasks by supporting a variety of applications and software
- Includes a 1-month subscription of Xbox Game Pass for PC
Storage & Memory
Inputs & Outputs
- Power Cables
- AC Adapter
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 50 reviewers who responded, 44 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Excellent Mid Tier- January 14, 2021
This replaced a 3.5 y/o Asus FX553 which was starting to show it's age. Comparing the two, this A15 blows the older one out of the water not only specs & performance wise, but also in build and screen quality. It's a tighter, more rigid case and keyboard, with minimal to no deflection during typing. While the A15 isn't going to win any awards against a top of the line gaming laptop, it's a great deal while on sale. As other reviewers have pointed out, there's plenty of room for storage and RAM upgrades. Included is 1x 16GB RAM, with room for 1 more. The laptop comes with 1x NVMe card, with room for 1 additional NVMe, plus space for a 2.5 SSD with included SATA connector. That's a lot of room for expansion. Would buy again.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Disappointed- June 2, 2020
Returned because of the terrible screen and much slower GTX1660ti performace from other laptops with same GPU. The colors are so washed out that it can't even show the red as red but orange red....... and quite some ghosting due to slow response. Wasted the 144hz... Performance was great for the CPU part but not for GPU, despite it's 1660ti, it's about 1/3 slower fps in the same games and same graphtic settings i play on than with the Helios 300 i7-9750 with 1660ti.... I had even disabled the radian GPU to ensure it's on 1660ti. That's the major drawback for me, as it somehow runs at the i7+GTX1650 level... The touchpad, keyboard and the build are great thou.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (24)Report
- Amazing performance for the price- May 19, 2020
This laptop is fantastic value for the current $1299 price. You’d have to spend approx $200 more to get an equivalent spec from another brand. Having not had a AMD cpu since the early 2000’s with Intel dominating since I was sceptical at first considering the current Ryzen 7 4000 series CPUs are more geared towards applications that can utilize multiple cores/threads vs Games that tend not to use multiple cores. You won’t be disappointed this cpu is fantastic and coupled with the 16GB of 3200mhz RAM makes for a very swift laptop (most other brands ship with 2666mhz). The nice thing they did with the RAM is that ASUS didn’t bundle 2x8GB they just but in 1 stick of 16GB making upgrading to 32GB in the future more cost effective. The GTX 1660Ti 6GB is also very good for mobile gaming, I know it doesn’t have Ray Tracing capability but when you look at the comparable mobile RTX 2060 In Userbenchmarks it only has a 2% effective lead on the 1660Ti. I’ve played Warzone on max settings when the power management is set to Turbo mode (plugged in which auto OC’s the GPU) it runs perfectly for what is marketed as a entry/mid level Gaming laptop. The 144Hz screen is great too, could be a bit brighter but nothing that ruins the experience. This does come included with 2 M.2 NVMe SSD slots, the first being fitted with a Kingston SSD which again shows they didn’t use bottom of the barrel parts. I added another 1TB to mine in what was a very easy upgrade. This unit also features a 2.5inch empty drive bay and they do include a SATA adapter in the box. Because of this the battery is smaller at 48Whr so it doesn’t last long, that would be my only negative to be honest. The chassis whilst being plastic is sturdy and being a ‘TUF’ series seems to be well put together. ASUS also includes ADP ‘Accidental Damage Protection’ in its first year of Manufactures warranty which I think is great. Speakers aren’t too bad either but a headset will definitely be needed as the fans do get loud when in Turbo mode and gaming. Finally I was impressed with how little bloatware it came with, nothing major and Windows idles at 3.8GB/16GB RAM usage.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (4)Report