ASUS Wireless AC2900 Dual-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi 5 Gaming Router (RT-AC86U)
- Ultra-fast 802.11ac dual-band Wi-Fi router boosts speeds up to 2917Mbps for low-latency online gaming, smooth 4K streaming, and snappy file-sharing
- 4x4 antenna design with AiRadar universal beamforming offers unrivaled Wi-Fi range
- Up to 4x capacity MU-MIMO technology gives every compatible device its own dedicated full-speed Wi-Fi connection so multiple devices can connect at the same time without slowing down the network
- RangeBoost technology powerfully enhances your coverage while also significantly improving long-range throughput
- Powerful 1.8 GHz dual-core processor router offers download/upload speeds up to 1600 Mbps and USB data transfers up to 110 MB/s
- Exclusive built-in game accelerator from WTFast lets you enjoy smooth gameplay in supported multi-player online games
- Boost your gaming bandwidth with Adaptive QoS (Quality of Service), which allows you to easily prioritize gaming packets and activities
- AiProtection with Trend Micro for triple-strength network security, plus robust parental controls and privacy protection
- ASUS Router App gives you easy access and control of your network from setup to day-to-day management wherever you are (Android & iOS)
- Intuitive ASUSWRT user interface gives you easy access to both the 3-step web-based installation process and a wealth advanced options
Wireless Networking Features
Wired Networking Features
Network Security / Management Features
- RT-AC86U AC2900 Wireless Router
- RJ-45 Cable
- Power Adapter
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 30 reviewers who responded, 22 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Great... when it works- July 27, 2020
Pros: The product arrived quickly after ordering. Setup was relatively straightforward. Lots of features you can customize in the settings. Definitely increased our home internet speed. Cons: Unfortunately, this router drops the internet connection at least once per day. When the connection is lost, you need to manually go into the router settings to the issue. After some further research, it turns out this is a known issue by the vendor with no fix (even after troubleshooting and ensuring the latest firmware). Unfortunately, Best Buy will not return/exchange the product. Overall: If I could do it again, I would not buy this router.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (2)Report
- Worked well from Sept 17 to Nov 6- November 9, 2018
It worked great for about a month and a half. Upgraded to this router from a cheaper ASUS model. Had strong signal everywhere I wanted in the house. I came home on November 5th from work to find the router turning on and off repeadidly every 10 seconds(you can see videos of this on the internet). I wasted 2-3 hours on their rescue mode procedure for firmware restoration. Process worked but the router still did not. So I decided to RMA (which I understand will take 20-25 days). They are forcing me to pay shipping to them. I will RMA but I will never buy ASUS again. I do not recommend anyone to buy ASUS. 270 dollars for a router and it lasted 1.5 months? POOR DESIGN ENGINEERS.
Not helpful (0)Report
- expanded my network coverage- April 5, 2020
I had an old Asus AC1900 AC68U and upgraded to the Asus AC2900 AC86U as my main wireless router. I was able to connect the AC68U together wirelessly to form a mesh through the AIMesh feature, making the AC1900 a wireless Node upstairs. It was pretty easy to do just watched a Youtube video. Increased coverage all over the 4,000 sq ft house. Saved $ vs buying a new mesh network from scratch. Router is fast and very easy to set up. I also watched a Youtube video to add ASSUSWRT-Merlin firmware. The software is free online and is very user friendly, shows all users, loads etc. I am not a computer Geek and was able to do it with a little help from Youtube. Network is awesome.
Not helpful (0)Report