ASUS Wireless AX5700 Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 Gaming Router (RT-AX86U)
- Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) enabled router with 160MHz channels delivers speeds up to 5,700Mbps to provide lag-free 4K movie streaming, low-latency online gaming, and seamless internet browsing on multiple connected devices simultaneously
- Dual-band Wi-Fi technology with a maximum data rate of 861Mbps on 2.4GHz and 4,804Mbps on 5GHz frequency bands allows for uninterrupted network access on every device
- Works with up to a 2Gbps internet connection to ensure all your wired or wireless devices get high-speed network access at their full potential
- Four LAN ports let you connect up to 4 wired devices such as desktops, TVs, and more
- Two USB ports support printer sharing and file sharing effortlessly
- Supports ASUS AiMesh to provide secure internet access while avoiding dead zones at your home with additional AiMesh-compatible routers (sold separately)
- ASUS Router app lets you analyse and monitor the traffic in real time, make network diagnosis, and provide temporary internet access to your guests
- Dedicated Mobile Game Mode activates with a single tap on ASUS Router app to minimise lag and latency while playing your favourite mobile games online
- Adaptive QoS (Quality of Service) allows network prioritisation to boost the bandwidth for enjoying smooth video streaming, web browsing, and gaming without any latency
- Trend Micro-powered ASUS AiProtection Pro features WPA3 security and advanced parental controls to protect your privacy and home network for life
Wireless Networking Features
Wired Networking Features
Network Security / Management Features
- ASUS RT-AX86U AX5700 Dual Band WiFi 6 Gaming Router
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 59 reviewers who responded, 53 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Asus RT-86U- June 12, 2021
We were using a 10 year old Airport Extreme router that just couldn't keep up with the multiple smart devices in our home. After researching a number of routers from TP-link, Netgear, Linksys, Arris, etc... The Asus brand of Wifi6 routers kept showing up as the best routers for online gaming. We are not gamers (yet) but the router has definitely increased the speed in which our devices connect to the internet. The range of our network has increased also. The media room tv streams 100% faster than before. I love the convienence of the mobile app that allows the user to monitor your network and adjust router settings. I highly recommend this router!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Router, firmware need some polishing- December 1, 2020
I owned previous model AC86u that already work perfectly. The older brother already cover my 3000sq ft home without any dead spot. I am getting this becoz I have a 4K NVR in the basement, which I need to connect it to the wireless network. Due to the bandwidth requirement of the NVR with eight 4K cameras (simultaneous 8x speed playback on four 4K cameras alone will take a consistent 285Mbps bandwidth in a Mesh 1 node environment). The AX86U will provide the mesh function without breaking the bank, but also give me the functions and customization that other simple whole home mesh router cannot provide like: VPN server, selective device channel switching, MAC assignment, Dual WAN, USB. The 4 cores in the router really helped the speed of the USB 3 HDD transfer speed (max out at 966Mbps on my Gigabit LAN). I transferred 1.5 TB of photos into the WD 8TB drive in about 4 hours (The older AC86U only reach 80% of the LAN speed as it maxed out the CPU utilization) AiMesh basically setup in 2 mins if you use your existing router as primary (just add AiMesh note and click search). However, if you want to use a new router as primary, be sure to back up your configuration from your old router, and you can import to your new router via the restore/upload setting function, It will retain all your settings relevant to the new router. The router speed and range is solid no question about it. If you are gamer, the new AX86U doesn't integrated WTFast (whereas the AC86U had). If you Aimesh them you will lose the niche functionalities on the nodes. The only downside at this point is the firmware (Web interface) is not as polished as the older AC86U. In AX86U (Firmware 184.108.40.206.4.384.9318), you cannot see AiMesh link speed between Nodes (no option). Whereas if you use the AC86U as primary (w/firmware 220.127.116.11.4.384.40451), the uplink/downlink transfer speed is available. The uplink/downlink information is useful in troubleshooting and tweaking your network. Giving 4 stars because the firmware of this newer router still need some improvements (compared to AC86U which is already perfect).Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- This is way to get to wifi 6- June 11, 2021
This is an incredible router with features galore, all without breaking the bank. Setup was certainly easy enough because the router being replaced was a RT-AC86U. Just saved the old settings off and then imported them into the new RT-AX86U. The old router was reset to factory and then used as part of our home AIMesh (Asus exclusive) system. All worked perfectly. No more dead spots. Our ISP provides 300mbs speed and a wired (ethernet) AIMesh connection 100ft away was providing 250mbs plus speeds. One system in our network has a WIFI 6 wireless adapter and it was also clocked at 220-250mps. All in all, just plain impressive!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.