ASUS Wireless AX5700 Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 Router (RT-AX86S)
Available to ship
- New-generation Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) standard ensure data speeds up to 5700 Mbps and 160MHz channels to let you enjoy lightning speed wireless connectivity
- Dual band support of 2.4GHz and 5GHz eradicates Wi-Fi congestion issues and delivers up to 5.6X faster speeds
- Four LAN ports and one WAN port for enabling Ethernet networking transmission at 10Mbps, 100Mbps and 1000Mbps rates
- Optional Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) unlocks up to 15 of the least-congested channels on the 5GHz band for a seamless gaming
- Doubles the connection speed to 2 Gbps by combining two separate 1 Gbps internet services using the WAN port and a 1 Gbps LAN port
- Adaptive QoS (Quality of Service) eliminates the network bottlenecks by prioritizing the applications
- Lifetime free AiProtection Pro, powered by Trend Micro, WPA3 security protocol and advanced Parental Controls offer added security to your home network even when the connected devices are not protected with anti-virus
- Guest access allows an easy internet connectivity to your guests without letting them access other devices in the network
- Mobile Game Mode works with the ASUS Router app to minimize lag and latency for a smooth gaming
- ASUS AiMesh technology lets you set up a whole-house mesh network with compatible routers to make internet available in every nook or corner
- Allows connection with up to 30 devices without compromising the speed
Wireless Networking Features
Wired Networking Features
Network Security / Management Features
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 16 reviewers who responded, 14 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Great router with some networking issues- November 29, 2021
This router works great, with easy admin UI and web app. I haven’t seen connection issues or random drops. Only major annoyance I have is, RT-AX86S sets it’s own IP as DNS address along with the one you have set on DHCP settings. This breaks pi-hole DNS based ad blocking, as now all DHCP clients has two DNS addresses, and one of them is router’s address which will circumvent pi-hole. I believe flashing with Merlin firmware allows you fix this problem. All the routers I owned in last 15 years has done it correctly out of the box, I wonder why ASUS decided to remove a feature that works well.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- WiFi Heaven- December 31, 2021
Our 7 year old router was beginning to act finicky by freezing, operating at slower speeds than it was capable of, and exhibiting range issues in an upstairs bedroom. We did some online research and opted for the ASUS RT-AX86S with installation by Geek Squad as part of our Best Buy Totaltech membership. The results have been fabulous in comparison with our old router. No range issues at all! Operates well into the middle of the cul de sac we live on, and the speeds with basic Spectrum Internet averages around 100 MHz/second Download and 10 MHz/second Upload. The ASUS App Is easy to use and great for monitoring activity and the 15-20 devices that are connected at any given time. It can also be optimized for gaming or other types of Internet activity if desired. Highly recommend this model or others in the ASUS family. Also recommend the Geek Squad support.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a techie- December 22, 2021
Wi-Fi works great. No dead spots not even outside or down the street. PS5 works great too. Install was confusing for me. Took me several hours because of my lack of understand how any of this works. Still don't know what I did right or wrong, but it works. I know none of it's functions nor do I have the time to figure them out. I would buy again. And I would only refer to buy if your smarter myself. Everyone younger then me.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strong Wi-fi 6 router- November 17, 2021
First of all I'm computer and electronic illiterate. Thing has lots of specs and features I'm slowly learning as I go. Linked to my tablet and can block or limit users from router. Can make adjustments to features I've managed to learn. Receiving wi-fi signal more then 80 yards from my home. Like the look a lot, not a fan of the upside down crab router.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Router- December 10, 2021
Had netgear before this and does this work wonders over netgear. I was ALWAYS having to reset the router on the netgear. Will stick with Asus from now on. Plus any old asus routers you have can act as a mesh with this new router. I get more speed on my phone through wifi than I pay for up and down.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.