Audio-Technica Cardioid Condenser Microphone (AT-2020)
- Cardioid condenser microphone is ideal for podcasting, streaming, and home studio use
- Custom-engineered, low-mass diaphragm offers enhanced transient response and frequency response for highly accurate reproduction of various sounds
- Wide dynamic range and high SPL handling make this microphone highly versatile for recording sound at different and high intensities
- Cardioid polar pattern ensures minimal sound pickup from the sides and rear to offer improved sound isolation
- Rugged construction offers lasting durability
- Stand Mount For 5/8"-27 Threaded Stands
- 5/8"-27 To 3/8"-16 Threaded Adapter
- Soft Protective Pouch
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 24 reviewers who responded, 22 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Love it- May 7, 2021
Works well, good build quality. i use it for zoom meeting and my voice quality mprove a lot. It comes with XLR connection, if you are going to connect directly to your computer, better to purchase the one with USB connection.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Microphone for the Price I've ever used!- September 24, 2011
I'm truly sorry amstoker had a negative experience with this mic, and yes, best buy does need to change the picture it uses, which it also uses for the AT2020USB which it also features, but essentially, this is the same mic that's gotten the 5 star reviews without USB for $50 less! I'm a professional recording engineer and didn't want to use my $6,0000 Neumann stereo mic to record demo projects all the time. This mic has excellent fidelity on the warmer side, not typically metallic for other mics in this price range. I'm getting at least one more mic to create a stereo pair for spot field recording! In one project there was a jack-hammer through the window behind us, but nothing was picked up because of its truly cardioid characteristics!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great quality, need a pre amp- December 20, 2013
The previous review saying that the mic didn't work out of the box must have been inexperienced. In order for this and many professional recording microphones to work, you need phantom power. I highly suggest to anyone to look for a microphone pre amp or USB audio interface that has built in phantom power. Otherwise this microphone is absolutely amazing!!! I se it to record covers and EPs for demo tapes for friends.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT MICROPHONE- October 30, 2020
Really nice XLR cardiod microphone. As an XLR microphone, of course it goes without saying that you will need something to power the microphone. There is a bad review but it if you read it, it is due to the buyer not understanding what XLR is. You will need the XLR cable and an interface to take that cable and will probably need RCA cables that convert to audio jack for pc.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Choice for Money- September 21, 2017
We purchased this as a gift for our son with multiple other accessories to start him out with. We did our research and found this mic is a great option as it's not too expensive yet provides better sound than ones that are less expensive than itself. He has enjoyed the set up and we're happy with the purchase!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.