August Smart Keypad - Dark Grey
- Create custom entry codes that allow friends, family, and guests to unlock your August Smart Lock (sold separately)
- Create unique codes instantly from your smartphone anytime
- House cleaners, dog walkers, and other service providers can securely come and go using a temporary PIN.
- One touch-lock system saves time and makes it simple to secure the door upon exit
- Bluetooth technology provides secure, low energy connectivity
- Completely wireless and powered by 2 AAA batteries
- 1 Smart Keypad
- 2 AAA batteries
- 2 Screws
- 2 Wall Anchors
- Double-sided tape
- Getting Started Guide
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 505 reviewers who responded, 420 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Simple device and great addition to Smart Lock- February 26, 2016
I recently added on the Smart Keypad to my August (1st gen) lock and am glad I did so. It is a simple design and is well made. One feature that isn't really mentioned on the August website was that you can trigger the lock to lock by pressing the August icon on the bottom of the keypad. This is very convenient when leaving the house quickly. I have used the emergency code multiple times now in a pinch and it has worked flawlessly. The iOS app is a work in progress, but I am not going to ding the product for that. August has been great to update the app in regular intervals so I am sure it will improve. Definitely worth it if you have a use for it.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Minimalist and goes with any hardware even high-en- June 11, 2016
First of all, I want to put my review in context. I bought this for use in a house with very ornate/expensive hardware on the doors, so I was focused on how to install the various products, keypad, Doorbell-cam and smart lock without replacing any of my existing hardware. It was not practical to use the smart lock on our front door as it did not have a traditional deadbolt, but we did find the Smart-Lock and keypad a perfect fit for our backdoor. It is a great solution if we forget our key, or need to have a neighbor come in and feed the cat. I find the design very appealing: hi-tech but minimalist, and so far it has operated flawlessly in that capacity.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- What took me so long?- November 23, 2019
I’ve had the August smart locks for a couple years. They totally for the need of HomeKit enabled while keeping the aesthetics of my HOAs “external hardware” policy. Well, I found out recently that there wasn’t really a policy, and I decided, without question, to stay with August. And I couldn’t be happier with the keypad!! Reliable, well made product. And now I don’t have to have guests create profiles - I can just give them a code. Easy to install which was nice to see. Gives you exact drill but size, foam pad to keep it tight - EASY TO INSTALL!! turn it on - then sync with the August app I already use, Bada bing bada boom!!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.