August Smart Lock & Connect Wi-Fi Bridge
- Control your door from virtually any location with an internet connection using this Smart lock and Wi-Fi bridge combo
- Integrate with your Android or iOS device to find out who is coming in or going out
- Quickly verify if your door is open or closed with the DoorSense technology
- Support for Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa makes it easy to integrate this lock-and-wireless bridge combo with other smart home devices
- Easily attaches to your existing deadbolt thanks to thoughtful design
- Battery powered for interruption-free operation
- For indoor use only
- August Smart Lock 3rd Gen
- August Connect Wi-Fi Bridge
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 231 reviewers who responded, 206 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Nice smart lock- March 18, 2021
Bought this a few weeks ago. I had bought it because we burn thru keys. Now I just send an invite. I have not WiFi’d it. You have to careful with the lock adapters. They give you three different versions but of course none fit my lock. I was OK with that because it was time to change it out. I just made sure the new one fit one of the adapters. Installation is easy. Watch some of the You Tube videos. The lock and app are not overly complicated. I liked that. All in all it is well built and I think it will last a good long time. So far the batteries have held up OK. I do recommmend this product for ease of use, easy install and a simple app.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Product- September 7, 2019
This product can fit over most existing locks. It has a mechanism that turns the lock to unlock it for you using your cell phone. It comes with a plug that bridges the bluetooth technology to your cell phone. Who knows how long it will last because it uses a motor to unlock the deadbolt. As opposed ot a design that would allow you to manually turn the deadbolt to unlock. The only thing it's missing is Z-wave or Zigbee technology for Home Automation integration. You have to buy the PRO model to get that. However, you can add in an Alexa skill and tell Alexa to check the status of the lock or to unlock with your voice.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missing features- May 23, 2020
It beeps to let you know the batteries are low but it does not make a lock or unlock sound. Not because it isn’t capable of it but because August just doesn’t want to do it. The app has/had the option for lock sounds so I contacted support they were absolutely useless, they didn’t know the model didn’t make sounds and wanted log files and all sorts of back and forth for sounds it simply does not make but the app has/had the option to enable. This is my second August lock the other one is the original and it made lock and unlock sounds and has the option to enable in the app so I assumed if there is the option it can do it also even tech support for 3 days assume also.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.