August Wi-Fi Smart Lock (4th Generation) with Smart Keypad - Matte Black
- Smart lock and keypad provide convenient, keyless entry to your home
- Compatible with the August Home app for remote operation
- Unique entry codes offer access to family and friends without the need for a phone
- Custom codes allow for enhanced control to personalise permissions
- One-touch locking function helps you get out the door quickly
- Easy installation and battery-powered design requires no complicated wiring
- Smart Keypad
- August Wi-Fi Smart Lock (4th Generation)
- 2 x CR123 Batteries
- DoorSense Sensor
- 2 x AAA Batteries
- 2 x Screws
- 2 x Wall Anchors
- Lock Adaptor & Mounting Hardware
- Double-Sided Tape
- Getting Started Guide
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 110 reviewers who responded, 82 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Lock failed in less than two weeks.- June 24, 2020
I had to replace another failed August lock, that one a Gen 2. I installed the lock, brought it online, and everything was working as designed (the concept of not needing the WiFI Bridge is great). Unfortunately the lock failed inside of two weeks. August told me that I need to go onsite to make the fix and update the software. I live almost 200 miles away from the property this is used on, so this is far from ideal. I'm not sure why the lock completely shuts down (bluetooth connectivity isn't working either) due to software updates, as the older models would still operate. For owners who intend this lock for a secondary or rental property, beware.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good product- February 26, 2021
This is a pretty good product if you want to keep your same door hardware. The Bluetooth is horrible. That’s the only way to connect to set everything up. Also getting everything connected in the home app is challenging. Not an easy process, all because of the Bluetooth connect issues. In the setup process you do your WiFi connection. Once I got everything working I went into settings and turned Bluetooth off. Once you get the Bluetooth turned off the WiFi works seamlessly. If Bluetooth remains on it will default to that connection if you are in range. Overall it’s a good product. They just need to work on the Bluetooth issues.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient, and generally reliable- August 16, 2020