Battlefield 2042 (PS5)
- Battlefield 2042 marks the return to the iconic all-out warfare of the franchise in a near-future world that’s been ravaged by climate-driven disasters, leading to the most severe refugee crisis in human history
- Join up to 128 players and fight in extreme environments on massive battlegrounds across the globe
- Play in vast, dynamic, and mindblowing battlefields for intense gaming sessions closer to realism
- Use cutting-edge weapons, vehicles, jets, and more to win the war
- Create hand-tailored squads through the new Specialist system to help you win the battle
- Gather the Data Drives, compete against opponents, and take strategic decisions in Hazard Zone mode
- Customise your weapons, guns, and more, change the rules of war, or revisit classic experiences from Battlefield 3, and Battlefield : Bad Company 2 in Portal mode
- Revisit classic maps from Battlefield's past and enjoy enhanced visuals thanks to Frosbite for a more realistic gaming experience
- Features six classic maps at launch : Arica Harbor, Valparaiso, El Alamein, Battle of the Bulge, Caspian Border, and Noshar Canals
- Play as Kimble Irish Graves, the returning No-Pat Specialist, and unlock an Irish skin when pre-ordering the game
- New Seasons system brings updates to the game and let you progress as you play
- People who have been displaced are called Non-Patriated, or No-Pats, and the soldiers among them are recruited to fight in a global war waged by the US and Russia
- Extreme weather events and resource conflicts have shifted the balance of global power
- The United States and Russia stand at the brink of war, while a mix of Non-Patriated combat veterans form independent groups known as Task Forces. Fight to define the future in this never-before-seen theater of war
- Play in multiplayer modes like Conquest, Breakthrough, and the all-new Hazard Zone
Number of Players
- Game Disc
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 442 reviewers who responded, 276 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Terrible game- December 18, 2021
This game gave me trust issues. I'll never preorder another game again, and I'll never buy another Battlefield game again. This is a lost cause. There's a reason its at 30% off a month after its release. It's lost 2/3rd of its player base within the first month. Anyone who gave this game more than a 1 star rating has never played a previous Battlefield game, because they would've noticed all that is missing from it. This game is what happens when other games like Apex Legends and Fortnite get copy pasted onto a Battlefield game (hint: it destroys the game).No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Wait until they fix it- November 18, 2021
This game is currently a hot mess. I've been playing Battlefield games for 20 years and this is a slap in the face to all of the fans. I would wait until they fix all of the many issues that currently exist. Take a look at the Reddit comments and the Metacritic scores. I'm telling you, I wish I had known before I bought it.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- BF2046- January 21, 2022
I like the game and I got it for my birthday I put the game in the steelbookYes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- So many issues- December 12, 2021
This game is total garbage.. I fooled myself into buying the 129.99$. Biggest regret ever. Even at the new discounted price I still would encourage people not to waste their money… you’ll thank me. Please go read the reviews and see for yourself.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Garbage game, total disappointment- November 19, 2021
Not the battlefield we know and loved. DICE cannot make good games anymore. This game is riddled with bugs, poor performance, bad maps, low number of weapons, bad sound design and lots is stuff missing that makes a battlefield a battlefield. Do not spend your money on this. Total crap of them to ask $90 for a beta of a beta of a game.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (2)Report
In compliance with Canada Copyright legislation, software, music and movies cannot be returned if opened.Learn more about returns