Wemo Wi-Fi Light Switch (F7C030FC)
You pride yourself in your DIY skills, but some days, it's great to take the brainwork out of making things work the way you want them to. Take for example the WiFi-enabled Wemo light switch. It's so easy to use, you're tempted to swap all your house lights with smart Wemo LED bulbs (sold separately).
You can already hear the oohs and aahs every time your lights just turn on or fade away slowly of their own volition. With a "wave" of your smartphone or tablet, you can discreetly set the ambience when the occasion calls for it, or better yet, program your lights to follow the rise and setting of the sun. Among many cool things the Wemo light switch can do, it can also direct your porch lights to turn on or off at the opportune time.
Ain't that a bright idea.
Why you need this:
- Light up your home from anywhere: Imagine lights turning on and off when you're on vacation to throw off overly curious passersby. The Wemo light switch lets you control lighting remotely or schedule tasks via the free Wemo app on your smart device.
- Easy to install: If you're handy with tools, the Wemo light switch is for you. In fact, you don't need tools; the included faceplate seamlessly clicks onto your wall and covers the screws underneath.
- Works with what you've got: It replaces a standard light switch in your home, connects with your existing WiFi, and works with your smart device anywhere there's mobile internet, or 3G or 4G LTE networks.
- Convenient: Download the free Wemo app to your compatible Android or iOS device and open up a better-lit world. Schedule tasks to reduce energy use, or adjust settings remotely. Through the app, you'll also be able to connect to IFTTT, a service that'll let you create "recipes" for connecting to apps, websites, and devices so they can do specific tasks for you.
- Designed for a connected home: The Wemo app acts like a hub for all Wemo products, including Wemo switch, Wemo smart LED bulbs, Wemo Motion, or Wemo Insight switches (all sold separately) to monitor and control multiple devices, and even appliances.