BenQ 1080p Home Theatre Projector (TH585)
- 3500 lumens white brightness offers crystal clear images
- 1080p HD resolution delivers premium visuals and vibrant details for life-like picture quality
- 95% Rec. 709 colour accuracy lets you enjoy bright, vivid visuals
- DLP display technology offers crisp, clear images
- Delivers 15,000-hour lamp life and features LampSave mode for extended use
- Two HDMI and 1 USB ports provide options for easy connectivity to devices
- 10.96m projected distance range, 1.5 - 1.65 throw ratio range, and 1.1x zoom allow you to set up the projector in a range of environments
- In-built 10W speaker delivers powerful sounds
- BenQ Game Picture mode brings out the darkest tones and brightest highlights and lets you enjoy an immersive gaming experience
- Fine-tuned gamma curve delivers clarity and sharp details in dark scenes
- 16ms low input lag delivers actions quickly without any delays
- Compatible with 3D video to create realistic, immersive visual experience with compatible content
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 12 reviewers who responded, 11 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Quiet, bright, awesome!!- October 27, 2020
This is my 4th projector. I tried, really tried, with those made in china knockoffs, but then I finally bought a good quality projector with the BenQTH585. It's so much more than I expected. The menu options are extensive, more than I'll ever need, but great to have, no doubt. So much flexibility. I use my projector with an external USB device, both the Firestick, and the Chromecast with Google TV. The sound output is too low, but I remedied that with the purchase of a HDMI audio splitter, and a cheap DAC. The output to my external 2.1 speakers is now glorious. I love this projector. And it's going to serve me for a few years.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (2)Report
- Very quickly impressed- July 28, 2020
This is my third projector, having two previous Optomas. This TH585 replaced my 8-year-old Optoma HD20 and blew it away immediately. A lot can happen in technology in 8 years. I shopped for the Epson C2100 and Optoma HD27 before being attracted to the BenQ price quite frankly. After looking at the specs and reviews, it looked like I gave nothing up in the sub-$800 cost of the TH585 vs the $1000 for the Epson. Now, I'm sure the others have some great things going for them, but I'll never need to find out as I'm perfectly content with the BenQ TH585. Set up was easy. I have it placed behind me for a 108" diagonal picture. The brightness, contrast and vividness vs my old HD20 (mind you, after a couple of bulb changes of dubiuos non-factory quality), went from looking like it was a projector screen to looking like an actual LCD 1080p TV. Fan noise is much improved over my Optoma. I teetered on looking for a 4k projector, but then I would have had to change my receiver to pass 4k HMDI through it, and I still am not a fan of the soap-opera look of some 4k programs. The 1080p of this projector is great even for my PS4 gaming. Super crisp and clear. Switching from the baseball game and it's red-brown dirt and green grass, to a newscast with blue graphics and I felt like all the colours were bang on. Yes, the factory settings from any manufacturer can be a little too vivid, by I really haven't changed a thing on any of the factory picture modes at all. I love them as they are. As I have a dedicated basement home theatre room with minimal light, I actually felt it was too bright in "normal" light mode and was able to turn it down to ECO mode to save bulb life. When light does come in during the day through the one window that is there, this projector is still plenty bright even in ECO mode. Setting it to full brightness in a windowed room I would think still be a great picture. BenQ wasn't even on my radar 8 years ago when I got my last Optoma, but with my first major purchase, they've made me a big fan very quickly.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Brilliant projector, fantastic picture!- September 14, 2020
I recently built an outdoor theater for my backyard and spent weeks reviewing projectors. This is the first projector I've ever purchased and was overwhelmed with the choices. I could not be happier about this projector. Everything I read about it is true and although I'm not using it primarily for gaming, the picture for regular movies and streaming my AppleTV is outstanding. The picture is crisp, especially if you're watching an HD/4k movie. It's very bright whereby I can actually start watching a movie before the sun sets!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.