Bosch 800 Series 24" 42dB Built-In Dishwasher with Stainless Steel Tub (SHXM78Z55N) - Stainless Steel
Powerful yet quiet
- 24" built-in dishwasher has undergone 485 quality checks to ensure performance and reliability
- PrecisionWash intelligent sensors monitor the progress of dishes throughout the cycle to ensure everything comes out clean and sparkling
- Powerful, precision spray arms target every item in the load so nothing gets left behind
- Sanitise option increases the final rinse temperature to eliminate any remaining bacteria
- Speed60 option lets you clean and dry a full load in less than an hour
- CrystalDry technology transforms moisture into heat to get dishes dry in record time
Convenience and style
- Multiple insulation layers, grindless food filtration, EcoSilence motor system, and a sound-absorbing base keeps noise levels at 42dB for ultra-quiet operation
- RackMatic middle rack has 3 adjustable height settings and 9 separate rack positions to accommodate tall and oddly shaped items
- InfoLight projects a red light onto the floor during the wash cycle so you can see at a glance when it's running
- Stainless steel finish with bar handle adds a sleek, modern aesthetic to your kitchen
- Width: 59.8cm (23.54")
- Height: 86cm (33.86")
- Depth: 60.2cm (23.7")
Our Major Appliances come with a concierge call
There's a lot to consider when buying an appliance. That's why our Appliance Delivery Specialists call within 24* hours of your purchase. (If you complete your order after 7pm ET, we'll call you the next day.
Please note: During the holiday season from November to January call back times may increase to up to 3 days.
Some things Appliance Delivery Specialists can help with:
- Ensure you have the appropriate required accessories
- Walk you through what your delivery day will look like
- Change your scheduled delivery appointment*
- Add additional services like installation and recycling to your order*
*If you're a remote delivery customer, these services may not be available to you. Please call 1-866-585-4494 for more information, or if you do not hear from us within 3 days.
Cycles and Options
What's in the Box
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 1009 reviewers who responded, 957 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Smartest Purchase in a Long Time- December 18, 2021
Everyone recommended this brand of dishwasher and it hasn’t not disappointed yet. The delivery and install were seamless. I am so happy that I splurged and got a Bosch. It goes above and beyond expectations. I will do anything I can to maintain this beauty.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bosch 800 Series Dishwasher SHXM78Z55N- July 21, 2020
have only used the dishwasher a handful of times so far but like the quality and it is very quiet. when the water drains through our sink drain plumbing though it makes noise gurgling down the drain (as is to be expected). I wish the door would stay open only a smidge so all the steam can escape in the dishes can dry better since we don't like to use jet dry. can only have the door open quite a ways or not at all. I also have not looked into how to cancel once the dishwasher is running since all the buttons are hidden when an operation. The photo shows that I have not yet removed the protective cover on the outside that's why it looks two-tone.
- Powerful Yet Quiet Dishwasher!- September 6, 2020
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] The Bosch 800 Series Dishwasher is a spectacular kitchen appliance. First, the installation was easy. We previously had a Bosch dishwasher, so the 800 Series was straight forward to install. Second, the Bosch 800 Series powerfully cleans dishes and leaves them spotless without any residue. After running over a dozen loads of dishes I can confidently say that our dishes come out sparkling and dry. The added Crystal Dry feature ensures a top notch finish. Finally, the red LED light that shines on the floor when's it's running is a great feature that Bosch thought of. Honestly when we first ran the dishwasher I had to put my ear up to it just to make sure it was running even though the light was on since it's so quiet. Definitely recommend the Bosch 800 to anyone.
- Superior Product- September 10, 2019
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] Let me start by saying I've long been a fan of Bosch dishwashers. This is the third I've owned in various houses and I've found them all to be quiet, energy efficient, and solidly built. This 800 Series Tall Tub version is the best yet. First, it is VERY quiet. Although it's advertised at 42 decibels, I measured it at closer to 50 with the app on my phone (I know, probably not terribly precise). This is still very quiet, about the noise level of a library reading room. In truth, it's so quiet you really can't be sure it's running if you're more than a few feet away. Second, it's very spacious inside. The racks are large and the lower rack has plenty of headroom for large pots, etc. The third or top rack is aparticularly nice feature for cutlery or smaller items (a removable cutlery basket is also provided). The Crystal Dry setting leaves dishes dry and sparkling. Finally, the stainless steel tub and exterior should provide years of rust-free operation. All in all, this is a sleek, well-designed and built appliance. Highly recommended!
- Dishrack Design Failure- June 8, 2020
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] At this writing, we have been using our new Bosch dishwasher for about a month. It is top of the line, utilizing the “Crystal Dry” technology. This dishwasher does all it’s advertised to do, gets everything super clean, dries everything very well, and is whisper quiet. Should be rated five stars, except that the rack intended for glassware, cups and the like is difficult to load with glasses and cups in any orderly or efficient manner. On the right side of this rack is an odd formation with a foldable stemware rack above it which makes it useless for anything but stemware. The bottom rack has an odd open space (approx. 3” x 5”) in the front right corner that could use a small basket for small utensils or food prep items.