Breville Infuser Espresso Machine (BREBES840XL) - Silver
- 1600-watt Thermocoil heating system accurately controls water temperature
- Electronic PID temperature control delivers increased temperature stability
- Water filtration system reduces impurities in water
- Dry puck feature removes excess water from ground coffee so you can easily dispose of them
- Espresso pressure gauge monitors espresso extraction pressure
- Hot water outlet so you can preheat cups or make Americanos
- Shot volumes can be programmed
- Integrated and removable 54mm tamper
- Stainless steel portafilter offers long-lasting use
- Cleaning alert lets you know when it's time to clean the machine
- Low pressure pre-infusion gently expands the grinds for an even extraction
- All parts that come into contact with coffee and water are made with BPA-free materials
- Breville Espresso Machine
- Filter Baskets
- Cleaning Tool
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 85 reviewers who responded, 77 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Major production quality control issues- May 7, 2021
We are currently waiting for our 4th machine as the first three had defective pressure gauges. Best buy has been fine but we have been working with Breville on the subsequent returns and it has been terrible. We are technically waiting for our 5th machine as Breville sent the wrong machine at one point as well. All the effort we have gone through picking up machines, unpacking, discovering they are defective and then repacking and shipping has been extremely frustrating. I must be a glutton for punishment for continuously trying to get a functioning machine although I am losing energy. Although we have used breville machines in the past I can't recommend it anymore. A disaster of a company right now.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Less reliable after a few years- July 13, 2020
I was quite pleased with the espresso shots I got from the Infuser when I initially got the machine. However, after only a few months, the steam wand needing repairs (luckily under warranty) and then after a few years, the pump needed replacing to the tune of $200+. Now, just 7 months after replacing the pump, the pressure is inconsistent again. Using the exact same grind, amount of ground coffee and same tamping pressure, I can get a variety of results from a perfect shot to one where the needle barely moves, to one where the needle hits correct pressure and then suddenly plummets. All these problems despite my doing regular cleanings and descaling. So, for about $800 over 3 years, it’s not a great deal. My 13 year-old back-up Starbucks (Saeco) machine still gives a more consistent result and I’ve only invested about $500 including the cost and time-ups every 4 years. I’ve contacted Breville but I’m not getting much support so far.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- The only machine you need- February 7, 2020
for the entry level coffee fan and the experienced barista alike, this machine is absolutely ideal. Most will complain about the learning curve but that's beyond necessary. I thoroughly enjoyed learning how to froth milk and pull shots properly. Which each new coffee I try I get to repeat a fun process all over again. temperature control is great and the maintenance is easy. I've paired this with the smart grinder pro and it's the best purchase I've made in a long time. Breville just get's it, seems like all products have this pro-sumer level to them. I future I'll outfit my whole kitchen with their appliances
- Superb machine- July 12, 2020
I've had this unit for 6 years using it everyday. It makes great espresso better than most coffee around town. You have to spend a lot more money for a better cup. For best results, you have to figure out the right tamper of the grinds and coarseness of grind as well as amount. I use the same coffee beans for consistency and I also use the Breville smart grinder (grind your own for perfection) as well which a great machine as well. There is a learning curve but once you know how it's second nature. Complaints? minor: I would have paid a bit more for a stainless top but the plastic one is fine.
- Amazing coffee machine!- June 8, 2021
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] I have had this machine for a few years and teamed it up with the Breville coffee grinder. I have upgraded to the Barister Express as room became limited in the new kitchen. This machine was far too good to lose so it has a new home in our caravan. Now I have perfect coffee when traveling.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.