Breville Oracle Espresso Machine (BREBES980XL)
Sold out online
Not available for pickup:
This product is currently not available for pickup at nearby stores.
If you're a coffee connoisseur, you've probably spent more than your fair share of time and money at stuffy cafés and overpriced coffee chains. Why not ditch the lineups, save the exorbitant coffee prices, and be your own barista instead? With the Oracle espresso machine from Breville, you can -- no experience necessary. It offers the simplicity of an automatic machine with the taste benefits of manual artistry, so you can make and sip café-quality drinks in the luxury of your own home.
Why you want this:
- Automatic manual machine: The Oracle features automatic grinding, dosing, tamping, and milk texturing, for easy espresso-making that offers the fresh flavour of a manual machine.
- Hands-free coffee: The hands-free automatic grind, dose, and tamp works with the built-in conical burr grinder to provide the required amount of coffee into the filter basket.
- Milk for your ideal drink: The Oracle automatically textures milk to your desired temperature and style, whether it's smooth for a latte or foamy for a cappuccino.
- One-touch Americano: The machine makes a café-style Americano by shooting out a double espresso and then filling the rest of the cup with hot water from a dedicated spout.
- Patent-pending heating system: Triple heat system offers thermal stability and precise water temperature.
- Coffee and milk, simultaneously: Dual stainless steel steam boilers can extract coffee and milk at the same time, so you don't have to wait for one or the other.
- Espresso to your liking: Dedicated espresso boiler with PID technology extracts the espresso shot to within +/- 1 degree Celsius of your chosen temperature.
- Dedicated steam boiler: The Oracle offers instant, continuous steam on demand.
- No more bitter espressos: An over pressure valve (OPV) limits the maximum pressure during extraction to prevent bitter flavours from permeating the shot.
- Even extraction: The true low-pressure pre-infusion gradually increases the pressure to gently expand the grinds for an even extraction.
- Store more beans: The removable bean hopper can store half a pound of your favourite coffee beans.
- Removable water tank: The 2.5L water tank has a built-in water filter and backlit level indicator.
- Programmable start and off: Time the machine to preheat at a certain time or turn off after a specified duration.
- Backlit LCD: The 3 LCDs show current settings and programmable features.
- Mini Grinds Bin
- 58 mm Full Stainless Steel Portafilter
- 58 mm Single Wall Filter Basket, 10 oz Stainless Steel Dual Wall Cup
- 16 oz (480 ml) Stainless Steel Milk Jug
- Steam Wand Spare Parts
- Cleaning Kit
- Water Hardness Test Strip
- Water Filter Holder And Water Filter
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 181 reviewers who responded, 176 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Love my oracle!- April 27, 2019
I purchased the Breville Oracle two weeks ago and it is fantastic. I have used it every morning, making multiple beverages easily and with great results. The instructions for programming are easy to follow and I’ve got my americano perfectly dialed in for extraction and water volume. Using this espresso machine is fun, and actually saves me time compared to my French press. There is no comparison between my old manual basic espresso machine and this; it’s cafe quality every time with little fuss on my part. I am very happy I decided to buy this model. I have bought Breville in the past and the brand always brings a level of quality that justifies the pricing.
- The Oracle- January 24, 2021
At the moment our machine is delivering 4 to 6 cups of great coffee each day for us. It was easy to program initially to our liking and now it is as easy as turning it on and pushing a button. The only thing we find difficult is removing the grinding head basket thing as the fine coffee must get into all the movements. While I say difficult it is more the fear of breaking the basket or handle after you vacuum the space. I think it may be better with new models to build a socket type tool that you can us to remove the grinder head basket with out the fear of breaking anything. Overall great product thank youYes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Investment- June 8, 2021
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] We purchased this 6 months ago and haven't paid for a coffee since. The best thing about this machine is that you can use the milk wand and extract your coffee at the same time rather than other machines only being able to do one function at a time. The self turn-on function has also been something we never knew we needed but to have it ready to go when we get up and not have to wait to warm up is so convenient. This machine has also made us get more adventurous with trying all sorts of different bean flavours and has become a hobbie we can share with others. It is just so simple and money well spent!!!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.