Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 Lens
- The ultra slim design of this Canon prime lens helps you take amazing photos without overwhelming your subject.
- An advanced lens configuration helps you take high quality images thanks to features like an aspherical element, a 2.8 aperture, and optimized coatings that minimize ghosting and flare while improving the colour balance of your shot.
- The innovative stepping motor gives you smooth and quiet continuous AF as you capture video with the Canon EOS Rebel T4i DSLR.
- Add an artistic soft-focus touch to your backgrounds with the circular aperture (7 blades).
- With this lens, you have a short minimum focusing distance of only 0.3 m (0.98 ft).
- EF40 mm 1:2.8 STM
- Lens Cap E-52II
- Lens Dust Cap E
- Instruction Manual (7ML leaflet)
- Warranty Card
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 276 reviewers who responded, 271 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Wonderful travel lens- April 26, 2013
I bought this lens to cut down on weight and size of my equipment while traveling. This lens fits the bill (literally considering the affordability), and delivers speed and quality, which is equal to heavier and bigger lenses. I am shooting with a Canon 50D and usually carry a Tamron super zoom lens as my main walk around lens. Now I can carry this pancake lens in my pocket, and when packing the gear into a small bag use it instead of a camera body cap, while having the camera ready for a surprise opportunity. I am looking into buying the new Canon SL1 small body, and with the pancake lens, having a really small and light high quality camera at hand all the time.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid lens for the price- October 5, 2013
So I've been shooting professional photography for about 10 years. Fantastic lens for shooting video footage. I tested it on a crop frame and a full frame, much better shot on full frame sensor but still looks great on a crop frame. The discussion everyone has is that canon has a Plastic 50mm f/1.8 which is a great lens for cheaper. This 40mm is 40mm and metal so the quality of the lens is much greater increasing cost. But you lose the f/1.8 and move to a f/2.8. If you're looking for low light and a low cost plastic lens buy the Canon 50mm f/1.8If you're looking for a low light and little more solid quality without caring about the loss in F-Stop buy this 40mm f/2.8Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small but mighty- June 2, 2015
Great little lens. Sharp and works well with APS-C or FF. Construction is good, not "L" good but not cheap either. Definitely not a piece of junk. The size makes it ideal for use on an SL1. You can slip that combo in a coat pocket easily. It does takes some time to get used to the small size. I had a tough time at first trying to keep it steady but with practice, you'll get the hang of it. It's so small that you can always find a place in your camera bag when heading out and never leave it behind. I'm planning on getting the 24 f2.8 STM pancake but that will work only on the cropped bodies. Overall, $150 well spent.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.