Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens
Zoom in on clarity
- With a 55-250mm focal length you get in close to your subject while capturing the kind of detail the naked eye can't always see. Whether shooting sports and wildlife from a distance, this lens has the telephoto power to bring you closer to getting a photograph that stands above the rest.
Stable shooting environment
- This lens is equipped with an optical image stabilization system, so your shots are clear and crisp with blur-free detail. A 7-blade circular aperture delivers beautiful, soft background broken effects.
- A skilled photographer knows that optimal lighting conditions are vital to the quality of any photograph. This telephoto lens comes with a large f/4 to f/5.6 maximum aperture, which decreases the depth of field but allows in more light for shooting in low light conditions.
- The lens's compact design is thanks to a six-group zoom system that provides a maximum magnification of 0.29x at the telephoto end and a minimum focusing distance of 2.79 ft./0.85m throughout the zoom range.
- Shooting faraway images requires speed and precision focus. That's why this Canon lens features Canon's STM stepping motor, high-speed CPU, rear focus mechanism and improved AF algorithm offer fast performance.
- EF-S55-250/4-5.6 IS STM
- Lens Cap E-58II
- Lens Dust Cap E
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 1011 reviewers who responded, 992 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Excellent lens!- April 15, 2021
I'm just an amateur and beginner in nature/wildlife photography. I recently bought the Canon Rebel T7 bundle that came with the Canon 75-300mm lens, and wanted to upgrade to a better lens. The 55-250mm is much better in my opinion. My pictures look sharper, less grainy, and blurry. The built-in stability will really help with little shakes. It's also affordable and won't break the bank. I would definitely purchase again.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall excellent but it has some minor flaws.- April 24, 2021
I purchased mine brand new in the box. PROs: 1. Affordable - can't beat the price for what it does. 2. Flexible - great for family photos, portraits, wildlife/nature, sports... 3. Accurate - whether taking a shot at 55mm or 250mm, the clarity and sharpness is the same (excellent)! 4. Weight - since it's mostly plastic, it's very light and great to take with you on a hike. CONs: 1. Quality - the only feature I do not like about this lens is the mounting ring, which is plastic! It should be metal, and it wouldn't add much to the expense of this otherwise, great lens. 2. The stabilizer works just "OK" - not great, but not bad either. I never use it. 3. The manual ring is a nice size, but it's sticky - not as smooth as I would expect from Canon.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very happy with this lens- February 25, 2021
Great for capturing the wildlife in my backyard from a safe distance! I am very happy with this lens and super impressed with the level of detail I can capture from such a far distance.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canon- August 22, 2021
Such an amazing lens. Takes great pictures with good qualityYes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing lens for the price!!!- April 19, 2022
Im a very amatuer photographer. And really enjoy this lens. Takes great photos and captures great details!!! If your your on the fence i hope this tips you on the side of buying. Would buy again.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
This product can only be returned if unopened. Restocking fees may apply.Learn more about returns