Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Lens
The Nifty Fifty
- This Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM prime lens is lightweight, portable, and versatile, making it the perfect travelling companion for that trip to Paris you've got coming up. Ideal for portraits, close-ups, and street photography, this lens is a fantastic fit for full-frame DSLRs and doubles well as a portrait lens on APS-C cameras.
- This 50mm fixed focal length prime lens is great for a day out sightseeing and does well in low-light conditions thanks to its f/1.4 maximum aperture. That means your pics of your evening stroll down the Champs-Élysées will come out in sharp detail.
- The EF 50mm f/1.4 USM is equipped with 2 high-refraction lens elements and Gaussian optics to eliminate astigmatism and suppress astigmatic difference. The result? Sharp images with minimal flare even at the maximum aperture.
- The 8-blade aperture lets you get creative with your photos. You can focus in on your friend standing at the top of the Eiffel Tower while defocusing the background to create a beautiful bokeh effect for a truly stunning photo.
- This lens features the extra-small Micro USM autofocus so you can quickly and quietly focus in on your subject. This'll ensure those shots of Venus de Milo at the Louvre are taken without disturbing your fellow art admirers. If your camera's autofocus isn't getting the job done, or you prefer to be totally hands-on, you can always switch to the full-time manual focus.
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 592 reviewers who responded, 578 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- EF 50mm f/1.4 lens Luv It <3- December 14, 2021
I love this lens! Its my first lens so I may be biased but where's why I love it. The images are so sharp - even in night time with low light. The focus is easy - auto focus mode on the lens is easy to use with my Canon 90D. The lens feels sturdy in the hand and attaches easily. I also got a UV filter and lens hood (3rd party) to protect it from harsh direct light. The lens plays nice with the camera body's internal auto focus system as well. I can focus with the shutter button as well as by tapping the display screen. If you want a lens to get you that Bokeh effect, this is the one! Plenty of other great resources online about how to maximize use of this lens.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Buy!- July 8, 2021
This has become the main lens that I use in my bag. Overall you won't be disappointed, I do feel it can be a bit slow on the shutter, maybe that is the adapter since I use this lens with my mirrorless camera, but I still think is a great purchase. I used it for a birthday theme park shoot, family session, and got amazing photos with it. I have used it in low lighting, bright scenes and it picks up colors and lighting very well. I cannot speak too much on the video aspect, my intended use is pictures, but I feel like even with video the lens works well. It feels great in the hand, however it can be pretty heavy for my Canon M50. That doesn't scare me from using the lens, again add in the adapter and it's weighty. I did have a hard time with fitting desired background in certain shots (still playing around with it), but that's not necessarily a negative, it just shows how close and how far you can get with the lens depending on what you are shooting. So far, I am not disappointed with my lens!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lens- April 23, 2021
This was a repurchase due to my camera bag being stolen(I know...made me sick for months). I absolutely love this lens and it takes beautiful portraits. Plus it is very easy to use.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing lens for the price- June 4, 2011
I can't say enough good things about this lens. The price is fairly inexpensive for the quality of the image you receive. The bokeh is amazing. I'm sure there are better portrait lenses on the market for Canon, but you can't beat the quality you get from this lens for a mere +/- $400. The large aperture creates an extremely shallow depth of field and allows for easy handheld night shots. My only complaint with this lens would be the focus itself. With the aperture wide open it can be very difficult to get the focus exactly where you want it.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 50mm Prime- March 7, 2015
I have been shooting with this lens for a little over a year now. I love the metal mount, solid construction, and near silent AF. The bokeh, as someone else noted is exceptional. The biggest drawback from the lens is when you are shooting down in the F/1.4-2.8 range. The off-center sharpness drops off dramatically down in the range. If you are unaccustomed to it, you can get overly "creamy" or dream-like pictures that may be unsatisfactory. The upside is, at least you can get a clean shot in low-lighting at 1.4. The lens is razor sharp in the F/5.6-7.8 range, and truly excels in this area. At this aperture, the lens rivals its L series big brother (sort of...). Bottom line: Buy the lens, be considerate of sharpness loss in low aperture settings.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
This product can only be returned if unopened. Restocking fees may apply.Learn more about returns