Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Standard Prime Lens 0570C002 [New in Box]
One of the most versatile focal lengths available, the EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens from Canon is a compact, normal-length prime well-suited to everyday shooting. The bright f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also affords increased control over depth of field for isolating subject matter. Individual elements feature a Super Spectra coating to help minimize flare and ghosting to realize greater contrast and color accuracy when working in backlit and harsh conditions. Additionally, an STM stepping AF motor is used to realize quick and near-silent autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override.
- Normal-length prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides an 80mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture enables control over depth of field for selective focus applications and also benefits working in low-light situations.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An STM stepping AF motor realizes smooth, near-silent autofocus that is complemented by advanced AF algorithms and a high-speed CPU for fast AF performance. Additionally, full-time manual focus override is also available.
- Redeveloped physical design incorporates a metal lens mount for durability as well as a re-located focusing ring to maintain a compact form factor.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 2913 reviewers who responded, 2888 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Great little lens for a great price- January 21, 2022
Such a great little lens. I've been using with my Canon T1i and the overall image quality, colors, and sharpness is miles better than the lenses that came with my camera. The fixed 50mm focal length is great for getting you to move around and work your shots until you find that perfect angle rather than relying on zooming in or out. The 1.8f aperture is great for evening/low light shots and you can get some awesome boka and blur effects with it as well. The Autofocus works fine, but for some reason I can't seem to focus at all on manual. Thats probably just me but I was pretty good at using manual on my other lenses, might just have to practice more with this one. Its also great for taking portraits of people, but can be tricky taking photos of two or more, and especially groups. You usually have to run pretty far back to get everyone in frame. If you are a beginner photographer or are just looking to improve you photographing chops and have been looking at getting a new lens, this little guy has you covered.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50mm FE f/1.8- November 6, 2020
It was great best investment yet that I made the picture was very clear and delivered what I wantedYes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent lens for beginners or advanced amateurs- August 31, 2019
I decided to buy the 50mm 1.8 vs the 50mm 1.4 based on the various reviews I read online. The one glaring review or comment that convince me to buy this lens is images taken with the 1.8 are no less sharper than images taken with the more expensive 1.4. The focus motor is a very audible, but does not affect my photography which is mostly portrait. I do not shoot videos with my Canon DSLR. Granted that this lens may not be the best prime 50mm, but it works for me. It is lightweight which I need since I have osteoarthritis in my right hand. I shoot with a Canon 85mm 1.8 and use the 50mm for shots where I need to move in closer for some shots I want.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best lens for the money in the world- July 27, 2020
That's no exaggeration, this has to be the best lens in the world for the money. There may be other brand names similar and cheaper but they're cheaper for a reason, they aren't built as well and the glass isn't quite as good. There's so much you can do with this lens, everyone should have one.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love it.- September 3, 2021
This lens brought new life into my basic rebel T5. I had been using the kit lens my camera came with and I had no idea how much better a new lens could make it look. The focus is quicker, captures more light, and the depth of field is amazing.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
See helpful questions and answers from shoppers like you.
Seller offers free standard shipping on all orders.**In the event that product is unavailable, you will be refunded within 48 business hours.
Large Item Scheduled Delivery (items heavier than 150lbs)
Product will be delivered outside your home for all shipping areas.
Recycling of your old item(s) is not included with delivery.
Assembly of the delivered product is not included.
Returns can be made within 30 days of receiving your order.
|Teds Electronics||Restocking Fees / Return Eligibility|
|All products||30 Days||0%||0%||20%|
Must be unassembled and still in the original packaging. All returned products must include original packaging.
Return shipping costs will be paid by the seller for all cases where the product is defective, damaged or incorrect. For other cases (e.g. you changed your mind), you will be responsible for this cost.
To request a return
Please contact the seller directly from your Order details page, and provide the following information:
- Web ID (8-digit number) & product description
- Number of items to be returned
- Date you received your product
- Condition of product
- Condition of packaging
- Reason for return
All refunds will be processed within 2 Business Days.