Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM Lens
An essential lens for every photographer's kit
- Telephoto zoom lens is ideal for shooting portraits, action, wildlife, landscapes, and more
Compatible with all EOS-series Cameras
- Fits a Canon EF mount
Capture a wide variety of subject and styles reliably
- 70-200mm focal length uses quick shutter speeds to freeze even the fastest action to help you capture exceptional action shots
- f/2.8-32 aperture lets you choose between a thin depth of field, so your subject stands out against a gorgeously blurred background, and a very large depth of field, for an entire photo that stands out sharp against the horizon, and everything in between
- Optical Image Stabilizer system deliver shake reduction up to 3.5 shutter speed stops, giving you more reliable handheld performance
Provides you with greater focus control
- Manual focusing lets you tailor your focus to your exact desire
- Autofocus lets you shoot without much prep to capture those fleeting moments perfectly
Enjoy clearer photos in all conditions
- Air Sphere Coating suppresses reflections, reduces ghosting and lens flare, and delivers cleaner photographs
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 141 reviewers who responded, 138 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Great and versatile sharp lens.- August 23, 2019
This lens is so sharp and very versatile at the focal range it covers. I am currently utilizing the 70-200 F2.8 iii on my crop sensor canon body and it's till such a great lens. Pics of the moon to portraits, landscapes to a decent job at macro photography this lens has beautiful bokeh and because of the new coating lens flare is minimized more than previous versions. Must mention tho this is quite heavy. Not the heaviest in its class on the market however, do be sure that you need an F2.8 vs the F4 because the extra heft you could be saving makes a big difference. You do get a good bang for the buck out of the lens and having the ability to shoot in lower light is a great benefit even if it’s a “just in case” if the budget allows.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!! As Expected- October 11, 2019
I was borrowing a friend's IS II version of the lens for a while and was pleased, so I expected the IS III release to be great. I am very satisfied along with all others reviewing the lens. I'm using the lens primarily for shooting cross country running and track meets with my EOS 80D, and the action shots are popular with all the kids and the parents on the team. I'm not a pro at all, but I'm learning how to get the best action shots with perfect clarity. This is a must-have lens, and it's paid for itself with the quality shots I'm getting.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it, if you can afford it.- January 9, 2021
So far so good. Still learning all of the features this lens provides. From other reviews I read and watched before buying, I expected this lens to respond a little better when shooting into the sunlight. There is definitely more flaring than I expected with the lens coating that the version III comes with. I probably unfairly marked the ease of use but that is only because I have yet to explore all of the functions. Overall I am happy with the purchase and very pleased with its performanceYes, I would recommend this to a friend.