Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM Lens
Available to ship
Get up close and personal
- With the EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM telephoto zoom lens you'll be able to get up close with your subject and capture great moments in crisp detail
- It sports a minimum focusing distance of 1.2m/3.9 ft., which is great for when you're trying to get an extreme close-up of your subject
Smooth and steady
- This lens is equipped with an optical image stabilizer that offers up to 4 stops of correction at all focal lengths minimizing the effect of camera shake, so you get a crisp shot every time
- NANO USM technology delivers smooth, near-silent autofocus, ensuring you get sharp still images and no autofocus noise when shooting videos
- Full-time manual focus mode allows you to be totally hands-on for every shot
- This lens is outfitted with an optimally placed UD element to help reduce annoying effects of chromatic aberrations
- A 9-blade circular aperture creates beautifully soft defocused backgrounds
- Lens Information Display provides a convenient, at-a-glance way to check focal length, focus distance, or depth of field
- EF70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS II USM
- Lens Cap E-67II
- Lens Dust Cap E
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 182 reviewers who responded, 179 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Excellent Buy for the Money!!- June 8, 2017
I purchased this lens a couple months ago and just used on a trip to St. Maarten. I own a couple L lenses and this lens holds its own quite well. The auto focus is instant and accurate and the photos are very sharp. Chromatic aberration is held to a minimum, colors are bright vibrant .. the build quality is pretty good, not quite L quality (but it doesn't cost L money either!!) I couldn't be more impressed .. Great images through out the zoom range .. If you're looking for a really good lens, at a good price, that focuses at an incredibly fast speed .. you're looking in the right place. If it came with a lens hood it would be the perfect buy!!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long Zoom Lens- April 9, 2017
I got this lens to shoot my kids sports games. I can usually get close enough for the kit lens that came with the camera. But for those times that I can't this is a lens that gets me close enough to get a great shot. The price was great and the build is awesome for a father who likes to take pictures. I would have gave it 5 stars but it is not great for night games. I higher Fstop would give it 5 stars. However the better lens costs way more than I could spend at the time. I will look into that lens in the future as I need it.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Poor Lens- April 6, 2021
Thinking the Nano version would really help with focus this lens really let me down. Very seldom hits focus at anything over 70 mm and you need lots of light for that. I tried it on full frame rp, crop 80d and a T5i. None could make it work. Missed several shots of elk that were too far away for my 24-70 L lens. I am returning this and may try a Tamron instead. Don’t use zoom that much as most shots are landscape but I needed it on this trip. Very unhappy.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Nice improvement on an old favorite- March 26, 2017
I recently bought this lens to replace my old lens of the same size. My old one had been having issues so I needed a new one. I really like the improvement in this lens, it's much faster to focus and I can reach out in distance than my old lens. I think this lens for what it is, does really well and the photos it takes are really nice. This is a good lens if you need to cover some distance, and don't have a lot of money to spend.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lens for the money.- March 26, 2017
This lens takes sharp, vivid pictures and has a good IS. I use it on a T2i. I couldn't find anything wrong with it yet. I believe this worth the extra money. I would recommend to buy it. I have this lens for over a month. I got this for the exchange of the Canon - EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM which has weak picture quality and the IS is not so great, I wouldn't recommend to buy it. I had two copies and both had the same issues.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
See helpful questions and answers from shoppers like you.
This product can only be returned if unopened. Restocking fees may apply.Learn more about returns