Canon RF 800mm f/11 IS STM Super-Telephoto Lens
Available to ship
This product is currently unavailable to pick up at nearby stores.
- Compact, lightweight super-telephoto RF lens is great for taking photos of subjects that are located far, far away
- 800mm focal length is ideal for shooting at a distance, including birding, wildlife, outdoor sports, and aviation photography
- Canon RF lens mount with 12 connection pins ensures better lens-camera communication, optimises optical performance, and accommodates new versions
- Compatibility with RF1.4x / RF2x extenders allow you to increase the focal length up to 1120mm/1600mm
Superb image quality
- Fixed f/11 aperture allows you to capture high-quality images with sharp details
- Optical image stabilization, with the ability to correct shake by up to 4 stops, allows you to use this lens with a monopod or handheld
- Lead screw-type STM focusing motor facilitates fast and quiet autofocusing for both still images and video, making the lens great for capturing elusive subjects
- Gapless double-layer diffractive optics (DO) minimise chromatic distortion to ensure better image quality
Ease of use and portability
- Manual focus lets you achieve precise focusing to your needs
- Customisable control ring allows you to quickly change the settings
- Extending/retracting locking lens barrel design makes this lens highly portable and easy to carry
- RF800mm F11 IS STM super-telephoto lens
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 13 reviewers who responded, 13 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Opens up a new world of nature photography.- October 12, 2020
Considering that a professional 800 mm lens cost nearly 13 thousand dollars, this lens is an excellent deal. It opens up bird photography to a broader spectrum of photographers. Overall, the lens is very light and with excellent stabilization can be easily held by hand. It is sharp and the dynamic range is OK. I was worried by the f11 minimum aperture but it has been no problem yet. The great ISO capabilities of the Canon R5 helps this tremendously. Perhaps it could be a bit tougher and have better weather sealing, but for the price - I am 100% happy!!!!!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!- April 9, 2021
An 800mm f/11?!? Honestly when canon announced this lens I thought they were joking but it’s amazing! It’s sharp. It’s lightweight enough to shoot handheld. It delivers great DOF. The auto focus is fast. I’ve shot a lot of wildlife with this lens and even though I’m using the cheapest R-series camera (EOS RP) which does NOT have animal eye AF, I’m getting amazing photos. Don’t overthink it. Just buy it!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent IQ for the Price- February 5, 2021
For the price this is a surprisingly excellent in IQ. Of course, for anyone who knows anything about lenses would know prior to purchasing it that its f/11 poses some limitations. Given the latest camera bodies that handle high ISO better and the advanced NR softwares available, such as Topaz AI DeNoise, this lens can shine given decent enough ambient light. For anyone looking for a lens that produces beautiful bokeh, look for something else. Sure, it doesn't come with the weather sealed protection, but I'll take its lightness and the cost over shooting in rain and snow. The hood is outrageously expensive, but I decided to get it rather than waiting for a third-party hood. It's a good thing that I got the hood, because I dropped the R5 with the lens attached on my first out testing the lens. The hood took the initial blow and saved both the lens and the body except for some permanent scuff marks sustained. Guess I already paid for the hood.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.