Celestron 31045 AstroMaster 130EQ Telescope
Sold out online
This product is currently unavailable to pick up at nearby stores.
Why it makes a great gift
- Quick and easy no-tool setup
- Reflector telescope with erect image optics is ideal for terrestrial and astronomical use
- The 130mm aperture allows budding astronomers to see the cloud belts of Jupiter and hundreds of star clusters
- 650mm focal length provides great views of the night sky
- Up to 65x magnification
- German Equatorial mount with setting circles to accurately locate and track sky objects
- Permanently mounted StarPointer finderscope
- Quick-release dovetail attachment
- Rugged pre-assembled tripod with 1.25" steel tube legs provides a rigid and stable platform
- All coated glass optics for clear, crisp images
- Deluxe accessory tray for convenient storage of accessories
- Take amazing photos by attaching your camera to this telescope with a T-Ring for Canon EOS cameras (10488630) or a T-Ring for Nikon cameras (10488631), as well as a universal 1.25" T-Adapter (10488632) - all accessories sold separately
- Equip your AstroMaster or Powerseeker equatorial mount with this Celestron motor drive and your telescope will automatically track the stars as they move across the sky
- See your favourite celestial bodies at a variety of magnification with this Celestron 8-24mm zoom eyepiece
- Aluminum Tripod with Accessory Tray
- The SkyX Astronomy Software
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 18 reviewers who responded, 15 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Next level customer service- November 4, 2019
I bought this telescope 2 years ago for my son. The telescope itself is well put together and he has enjoyed using it. Celestron's customer service is what has me completely sold, however. My son - probably as much or more than using the telescope to see celestial things - liked to take it apart and, almost inevitably, lost one of the screws for the adjustment arms. I wrote to Celestron recently asking about replacing it, expecting them to see me the spare parts. Nothing of the sort! Promptly, without the slightest fuss, they sent me not just the screw but the whole arm, for free, with shipping also at their expense - with chirpy, friendly emails thanking me for my request for help. Do I love this company? I do. My guess is you will not regret doing business with Celestron, whatever the product you buy.
Not helpful (0)Report
- This is an excellent Telescope!- March 4, 2016
This is definitely one of the better telescopes in this category and the price range. The built quality is superb. This telescope is heavy but certainly not in a bad way. This tells you that it is made with good materials. Optics works really well. It comes with a 10mm and a 20mm eyepiece. However, if you want to see celestial bodies such as the Jupiter with it's beautiful colors you will need to use a eyepiece with a higher magnification or/and a barlow lens which is not included with this telescope. Telescopes are like DSLR cameras. You need to expand your collection of accessories over time.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lazy assembly. Unstable- September 6, 2015
This telescope doesn't hold still at all if the moon is 45 degree angle in the sky. The weights are horrible they put on this.you have to hold it still when you find something and you can hold it completely still so it's off by the time you put your eye in the scope to see it DO NOT BUY the motor drive. They ship with the battery separate and you cannot fit the battery inside the motor after you plug it in and you cannot even mount it back on after you take the motor off as there are two tiny nuts that are hidden inside the motor and you won't be able to get to. It's a waste of money and a nuisance And last there are thre fingerprints on the "mirror" inside the telescope! You can see them on the scope you look in. Unacceptable coming with fingerprints from the warehouse new!No, I would not recommend this to a friend.