Celestron PowerSeeker 70EQ Refractor Telescope
Available to ship
Not available for pickup:
This product is currently not available for pickup at nearby stores.
Why it makes a great gift
- Refractor optical design is ideal for terrestrial and astronomical use
- Quick and easy no-tool setup
- "The SkyX - First Light Edition" astronomy software with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images
- 70mm aperture offers superior light-gathering capabilities so you can view the stars easily even when it's pitch dark out
- 700mm focal length for exceptional magnifying power
- Equatorial mount follows the rotation of the sky by having one rotational axis parallel to the Earth's axis of rotation
- 3x Barlow lens triples the magnifying power of each eyepiece
- Slow motion controls for smooth tracking
- Fully coated glass optical components with high transmission coatings for enhanced image brightness and clarity
- Accessory tray for convenient storage of accessories
- Take amazing photos by attaching your camera to this telescope with a T-Ring for Canon EOS cameras (10488630) or a T-Ring for Nikon cameras (10488631), as well as a universal 1.25" T-Adapter (10488632) - all accessories sold separately
- Equip your AstroMaster or Powerseeker equatorial mount with this Celestron motor drive and your telescope will automatically track the stars as they move across the sky
- 3x Barlow Lens
- Aluminum Tripod with Accessory Tray
- The SkyX Astronomy Software
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 28 reviewers who responded, 23 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Nice Telescope- June 27, 2015
I purchased this telescope for myself a couple weeks ago. It was a great purchase. The telescope works perfectly and i could see very nice close ups of the moon and some planets. I could see Saturn and Jupiter with its moons no problem without even using the magnifier. I recommend this to anybody looking to buy their first telescope.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Beginner Telescope- May 7, 2018
If I were a better at astronomy, I could give a more accurate opinion of this beginner, out of the Box telescope. Unfortunately, we are rookies at stargazing. We hoped we would be able to see more. We hoped it would be easier. The instructions are unclear on how to assemble as well as how to use it. Unimpressed.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Good start scope for my 5 year old granddaughter- March 15, 2019
Took me about a 1/2 hour to put this together made sure that everything lined up. The only thing that is missing are the filters so we can get a better view without the Light haze. Got the cell phone attachment so she can see the images better. works great with the attachment just takes a while to adjustYes, I would recommend this to a friend.