Celestron NexStar 8SE 203 x 2032mm Schmidt-Cassegrain Computerized Telescope
Available online only
Why it's a great gift
- Good for daytime terrestrial use because images appear right-side up
- Compact design makes it easy to grab-and-go
- Includes a database to help you locate over 40,000 celestial objects
- Schmidt-Cassegrain compound telescope delivers an exceptional stargazing experience
- Suited for seasoned astronomers to experience spectacular views of the moon and planets, as well as viewing deep sky objects like the Whirlpool Galaxy and Hercules Globular Cluster
- 8" aperture offers optimal light-gathering abilities for a sharper, brighter view
- Powerful 2032mm focal length produces a larger image and smaller field of view
- Fully automated Alt-Azimuth GoTo mount with unique fork arm design and sturdy steel tripod for speedy set up and dismantling
- 25mm eyepiece delivers 81x magnification
- SkyAlign technology gets your telescope ready to observe in minutes
- Highly portable, compact telescope design goes anywhere and weighs only 15kg including the tripod, making it ideal for adventurers who want to take their telescope to new places, or for use in smaller spaces
- NexStar SE OTA
- Single Fork Arm Mount
- Accessory Tray
- Star Pointer Finderscope
- NexStar+ Hand Control
- 25mm eyepiece
- Star Diagonal
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 9 reviewers who responded, 9 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Excellent Telescope- June 8, 2011
I did all my research online and then went in to the store to order. They were kinda shaky at first telling me to go online to order it. I gently persisted and finally found someone that would try. I had them add the next day delivery for $15 and it all worked. Next day I had my new 8SE. It only comes with one eyepiece (25mm) so no 480x yet but we got to see the rings of saturn!!! The moon is stunning!! Unit comes with very good software. Get the GPS and power supply. Need tips to make it work, like finding point of balance and don't put it together upside down, not kidding. Line up index marks, eyepiece should be on right, won't track if opposite.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celestron Nexstar 8 SE- June 10, 2016
I received my telescope 7 days after ordering. I have found the mount to be stable the optics are of high quality. You definitely want to get an alternate power supply. I have the Celestron power tank. With the power tank I have easily gotten 6 hours of use each night for several nights before needing to re-charge. The views of deep space objects are incredible and exceeded my expectations. I have gotten truly inspiring views of Saturn, Jupiter and mars as well. I would definitely recommend this for anyone. The Goto computer is easy to use and is reasonably accurate once aligned.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Scope (a little confusing for a novice)- February 2, 2019
This is a holiday gift for my college-age daughter, who is taking and loving several astronomy courses. The scope and mount are terrific! However, learning the basics of sophisticated telescopes is daunting. Constantly aligning the scope, adding a GPS, WiFi Adapter, StarSense Alignment camera, auto-focuser, and power supply, and then identifying and installing PC software to update drivers and smartphone software, is a challenge. Not done yet! She has already loved closeups of the moon (including during the Super Wolf Blood Moon eclipse) and the truly amazing number of stars that suddenly become visible with the scope. Next step is planets, nebula, etc., once alignment and controls are perfected. She already appreciates more than ever the visual evidence of the vast number of stars and the size of the universe. Seeing is believing!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.