Cobra microTALK 2-Way Radios (ACXT545-DI)
- Pair of 2-way radios let you stay in touch with your biking, hunting, or camping partner within a range of 45km
- 22 channels allow clear, crisp communication with your partner or group
- 121 privacy codes provide up to 2,662 channel combinations that block other conversations
- Voice-activated transmission allows hands-free use of the radio
- Push-to-touch (PTT) offers a stable and effective communication option
- Built-in NOAA radio receiver warns you about hazardous weather forecasts
- Weather-resistant exterior with rubberised side moulding makes it safe for outdoor use
- Cobra Altis ACXT545-DI Walkie Talkie Radio
- 3 x AA NiMH rechargeable batteries per radio
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 124 reviewers who responded, 111 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Actual Range to Expect- January 29, 2020
Range is deceiving. I have not purchased the radios but sell radio communications equipment. The 28 mile range advertised should have an *If one person is on top of a mountain and the other person is in the valley below with a clear line of sight. The radios are most likely 1 or 2 Watts max which will give varying ranges depending on what is in between the two radios and if there is any interference on the frequency being used. Talking from car to car on the highway or across the yard to around / in the house is the most suitable use. Please do not purchase expecting 28, 10, or even 5 miles in most situations. I am sure they are fine for what they were made for, just don't want anyone falling for the pipe dream of a 28 mile range.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Useless For Me- June 14, 2014
I returned these 20 minutes after I bought them. To hear anyone talking you would have to turn the volume up to 3/4 position. But then all of the alert tones would be super loud. If you were outdoors even full volume would not be loud enough to here someone talking, but the alerts tones could be heard a block away! Maybe the pair I had was defective. I was not able to try another pair because the store did not have any more in stock.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Descent- March 5, 2020
The manufacturers should do a better job of setting expectations. These were purchase for my 8 year old son. I drove about 1/2 a mile and the connection was already static. It is my understanding that there are many factors that impact the range, especially in the city. But come on! From my house to about 5 blocks from the park already a problem. Maybe we will have better luck when campingNo, I would not recommend this to a friend.